cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 81 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

Same here contracts up in May so looking at other ISP at the moment tbh...
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 82 of 535

Re: G.INP affecting certain eci modems,resulting in a drop in sync rate and other issues

@McGrath1982 you could try a long factory-reset on your HG612 which will lock the modem but should allow BTAgent to automatically upgrade the firmware if you can't do the firmware upgrade yourself.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 83 of 535

I'm gonna leave for a couple of days as I tried 3/4 times last night but couldn't get back into the HG612 and don't won't to make things worse with the line I will have a go at a factory reset @ray_dorset
0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 84 of 535

@Locky wrote:

I doubt BT will fix it.

1) speeds are mostly with in the poor limits

2) reduced speed nation wide puts less stress on BT's core network.

3) pancake - they don't care.

A fix will be issued in due course. The issue was unforeseen and not picked up during the trials. I believe the problem relates to DLM logic changes made at the end of last year (there will be a briefing update to ISPs next week).

Reduced speeds means less revenue from a wholesale view point.

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 85 of 535

@-AndyH- How long is "in due course"? This year, next year?

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 86 of 535

patience is a virtue
0 Ratings
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 87 of 535

Time is money
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
-AndyH-
Expert
Message 88 of 535

I would expect within a few weeks.

But it depends on exactly where the issue lies, whether there needs to be 3rd party involvement and also the amount of testing required before a fix is issued. 

OR make major changes to their FTTC network 3-4 times a year. Most of the time no one notices any changes (the DLM changes back in Nov/Dec meant the vast majority of people would not be banded).

ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 89 of 535

I would expect it next year when they start replacing devices containing the Lantiq chipset that doesn't support G.Inp.

If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 90 of 535

@ray_dorset wrote:

I would expect it next year when they start replacing devices containing the Lantiq chipset that doesn't support G.Inp.

Can you please post a link to a definitive statement by a technical authority that the Lantiq chipset doesn't support G.Inp.