cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

G4 Box software upgraded recently to 17.3

I havent used BTY much lateley as HH5 is still dropping connection to often (I should k=look on the bright side and think of the money I have saved not watching films) However, as the above problem seems to be slowly (very very slowly mind you) improving I thought i woulld catch a bit of thr TdF on Eurosport.

I notice my little G4 box software was upgraded a few weeks ago to 17.3 ....... anyone any ideas what's fixed/added &/or changed ???? 

I have noticed I can get a red button (almost forgot that ever existed) but cool timing for Games in Scotland (hopefully BBC will be doing their bit again).

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: G4 Box software upgraded recently to 17.3

There were a few bug fixes and it added the accessibilty options, very little change. I belive the red button is still faulty, it appears to start with but then disappears until you restart the box...

there is a very good list of what has happened on youview in this list here :-

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/consolidated_list_of_updates_and_changes

Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for that ........... my Red button is still working, that's two days on the trot (not a record I know but ...... it's better than Infinity 2 & HH5 at the moment .... that gives me Infinity 1 and even that goes AWOL every day!!!)

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings Star on the left-hand side of the post.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

I hadn't realised that the G4 had been upgraded to 17.3.  The good news is that switching between the On Demand players seems to work now - previously I got a 105 error when switching and I needed to reboot the box.  The bad news is that on the non-HD channels I am still getting picture glitches after a few days - a reboot sorts it out for a while.  I get a good signal and the problem only appears after some time so I'm pretty sure it must be some software issue with the box.  I have no problem with my Panasonic TV which is on pass-through.

0 Ratings