Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bitofadonnet
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

G4 You View Remote TV Code Problem

Go to solution

I've just received a G4 You View box and I'm trying to input the remote control code to control the TV.                            

I have a Panasonic TX-P42U30B.

I input the code, 3846, and the TV switches off, but it won't switch back on, so I cannot complete the process. I've reset the remote and input the code four times, all with the same failed result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
rubble2
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: G4 You View Remote TV Code Problem

Go to solution

Sorry can't help with a solution as I am suffering the same problem.

I got my G4 box yesterday (also have a Panasonic TV). I follow the instructions, the TV eventually switches off but the blue light on the remote stays on and has no further effect on the TV. I then have to remove the batteries in the remote in order to 'unlock' it

0 Ratings
Montague
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

This behaviour fooled me too (also Panasonic), so I switched off tv with its own remote and put G4 into standby using its on/off button. Then, next time, I found that by pressing G4s on/off switch the tv and box came out of standby together. Pressing G4 on/off puts box into standby and then pressing 'tv' button on G4 remote turns off tv.

0 Ratings
Bitofadonnet
Contributor
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Montague, I gave that a try that and it worked, so that's weird. However still cannot control the TV volume or AV button, which is a pity.

0 Ratings
ubysam
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution
here's sometheing to try.

redo the process i.e

press and hold tv power & tv/av buttons on the g4 remote until the led flashes

enter the tv code (e.g. 3846 for panasonic)

then press and hold the tv power button (g4 remote) until the tv either turns off or 'does something' - let go of the button

then

press the tv power button againand test wether it now turns the power on and off

if it doesn't go back and press and hold the tv power button (g4 remote button again) until the tv responds again and repeat the above until you fined the right code

sometimes the tv will respond to a signal but not necessarily the right one so you have to further (press and hold) to get to the right one

hth
ubysam
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

forgot to add, when you find the right code, press the ok button on the remote to lock it in and the rled will blink a few times.

if you've pressed and held long enough the tv power, tv av, volume + - and mute should all match the buttons on the g4 remote

s

Bitofadonnet
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you Ubysam, the remote codes and procedure as yiou described have worked! I didn't realise the length of time required and that both on and off codes were required. Thanks again!

0 Ratings
pamelap
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I tried ubysam's solution three times and it just kept switching the TV off Ok but never switching it on again.

I then tried "press Ad, Del, BT Player" buttoms and hold until flashes three times to reset the remote.

Then I  tried ubysam's solution again and it just kept switching the TV off Ok but never switching it on again as before.

This time I did "press Ad, Del, BT Player" buttoms and hold until flashed three times to reset the remote, and then pressed "Ok" which presumably locked the reset in.

After that, ubysam's solution worked.

I think the point is, once it has gone wrong somehow you must reset the remote and press Ok before trying again, otherwise it just keeps failing.

Hope this helps someone as it was driving me crazy Smiley Sad

Masai
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution
Thanks for the info ubysam, literary wasted 30mins trying to program the remote to my Panasonic TX-L26C10 TV. And Pamelap for chipping in with the extra step of pressing ok when resetting the remote.
0 Ratings
steviejay
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

Thank you all in this thread. It was a major inconvenience not having the remote work the TV.

0 Ratings