cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hitman
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 9

GET YOU VIEW BOX EARLY

ORDER NOW get yours early ??????????AND SPEND THAT LONG ON PHONING BT THAT MAN HAS LANDED ON MARS AND YOU VIEW BOX 25 HAS BEEN REALESED   AND WE ARE STILL WAITING FOR NUMBER ONE ........................more failed orders when will we get customer service that knows whats going on ,is there no communication  ????????????????????????????//

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
wwrjh18
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: GET YOU VIEW BOX EARLY

Do your self a favour and get sky. Bt has no customer service.
0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 9

If I posted advice like that about the company I work for, I'd be out of work in no time!

0 Ratings
wwrjh18
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Every time I have had dealings with bt it has been bad. I can only type from experence. 10 months ago it took 3 calls to sales to have my sports outback on. This month it took 5 calls. 2 calls I was told wrong information.1 call was a waste of time. 2 calls and told to wait for it to happen.

0 Ratings
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

I think most would agree that BT Retail's sales staff are often totally useless. However, Openreach is part of the BT Group and so you're walking a dangerous line, career wise, publishing derogatory remarks about your employer - particularly on one of their own forums. I do think this forum could certainly benefit from your insider knowledge, but it might be wiser to either not post contentious stuff, or to keep those posts to a username that hasn't admitted to working for BT!

0 Ratings
cactusbob
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

The problem with sales staff in a big company like BT is that they are trained to deliver a certain set of products. The systems they use are designed to do that. The problem occurs when things go wrong, or they don't fit the process. The correct way to deal with such things is to escalate correctly to someone who can deal with "exceptions". I think that this is how BT sometimes fail. Don't forget they have millions of customers, the vast majority of which have no issues whatsoever. 

I imagine that the issues with the pre-launch ordering of YouView are due to the process not being fully "live" yet and requiring some manual intervention.

As for OpenReach, well one guy installed FTTH to me in an hour and a half. Neighbour down the street needed five OpenReach vans, 6 engineers and all day to do his. Just shows that things don't always go to plan

rebnats
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Maybe it is time for BT executives to take some stick for the failings instead of front line staff. Pity no whistle blowers were there in the BBC and the Banks, things then might have a better ending.
0 Ratings
brantone
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

I do not agree about BT has no customer service.

I had a big problem and BT were absolutely brilliant.They resolved my problem with speed and their customer service operator was great.

I think it is a matter of knowing the right person to contact and being polite and appreciative of their service.

BedrockFred
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

"I do not agree about BT has no customer service.

I had a big problem and BT were absolutely brilliant.They resolved my problem with speed and their customer service operator was great.

I think it is a matter of knowing the right person to contact and being polite and appreciative of their service."

Is correct by nature these forums are always full of complaints not really a way to gauge CS at all

CS have been most helpful and guided me in the right direction of which equipment to go for etc first class service

My install fTTC went without hitch and the engineer even moved my master socket at my request

The Indian call centre does require some paitience and BT do need to kick their a£*!'s but have paitence be polite and you'll get sorted

Sky CS is no better in my experience unless you phone to cancel then they can move the earth alas to little to late for me

0 Ratings