cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 147

Re: Gaming problems

Tried your ideas lowei and no change. I'll consider Aarongs idea of a new router but something tells me if trying the modem directly to the xbox doesn't improve things then I can't see how a new router would help.

Thanks all for your advice/tips.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 147

OK, I've purchased a new router (Asus RT N66U) and, as I expected, there is no change. Anyone have any ideas? Lets assume the problem is at my end...could the way my traffic is routed be causing my gaming issue, whilst all other aspects of my connection is good....downloading, streaming etc?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 147

COD and FIFA seem to be the games with the issues. I have had issues with FIFA for over a year now. Have tried everything but getting a new router, don't want to spend the money only to find out that it doesn't change anything. I contacted the company which routes BT's traffic (zayo/above.net) They have done tests and concluded that nothing is wrong with the way it pings to my IP address, I pretty much begged them to contact BT because the ping rates were so high when I done a trace route using the UOTrace software which EA recommend. They say they will check their peering points with BT for saturdation issues, the nice chap states that this is beyond what he can do for me but he will do it because he is a gamer himself and understands the frustration. I have heard people have changed ISP and it STILL doesn't make a difference so I really am absolutely stuck on what is going on.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 147

@mohammedmumtaz wrote:

COD and FIFA seem to be the games with the issues. I have had issues with FIFA for over a year now. Have tried everything but getting a new router, don't want to spend the money only to find out that it doesn't change anything. I contacted the company which routes BT's traffic (zayo/above.net) They have done tests and concluded that nothing is wrong with the way it pings to my IP address, I pretty much begged them to contact BT because the ping rates were so high when I done a trace route using the UOTrace software which EA recommend. They say they will check their peering points with BT for saturdation issues, the nice chap states that this is beyond what he can do for me but he will do it because he is a gamer himself and understands the frustration. I have heard people have changed ISP and it STILL doesn't make a difference so I really am absolutely stuck on what is going on.

Me too. I'm clueless when it comes to the internet and how it works. The only reason I think it could be a traffic routing issue is because my my problem isn't about me lagging all over the place on COD when I host a game, it's more the fact that I seem to be a split second behind whats happening...I shoot first but die.

I'd say if I were to host say 10 games 1, maybe 2, I might get a decent host connection. And like I said, its not that great off host.

Again, I can understand this happening in the more recent COD's due to the lag compensation debacle BUT it shouldn't be the case in COD 4 or MW2 because as far as Im aware these games don't have the lag comp issues, plus I know people on similar connections who are not having problems.

Would it be a problem for BT to check how my traffic is routed to Xbox Call of Duty servers just to rule that out?

Pretty **bleep** off that investing in a £100+ router hasn't helped. Think my next step will be getting in contact with BT Chief executives. I tend to find that company top brass don't like it when customers contact them directly as they expect the people they employ in Customer Services to deal with us. Thing is, if these executives were to take their head out of their **bleep**'s they'd realize the reason some of us contact them is because the CS are usually a waste of space.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 147

I did exactly that mate and contacted Ian Livingston directly, his team replied and did thorough tests and they told me they found nothing wrong with my line whatsoever.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 147

I think everyone with this issue should gather up and contact Watchdog together and just mention BT, EA and above.net/Zayo. If they were featured on TV, they would act.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 147

No issues playng FIFA online on Infinity 2 here, lag free play.

Must be your internal wiring mate or router. HH4 is working ok here.

Hope you guys sort it!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 147

I have no idea, had the problem since FIFA 13 came out last year, I would try a third party router but a lot of peopel say it hasn't made a difference. Someone mentioned on here a website where you could try a router and then return it but I don't know what the website was. I have the HH3 type B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 147

mohammedmumtaz, yeah I'm gonna contact the CEO at some point. As for a new router, I didn't hold out much hope of it working because I'd tried connecting my modem directly to the Xbox and had the same poor results which I'm guessing would rule out a problem with the HH3...I'll probably try and return the new Asus router that I've purchased and just say its faultySmiley Wink.

That website you're talking about would be handy as I wouldn't mind trying a combined modem router to rule out the modem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 147

The New HH5 which comes out in a month or so is supposed to be a combination of both.

0 Ratings