cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 147

Re: Gaming problems

I keep hearing that but I wish I knew who the fault DID lie with so I could fix it. This problem has occured for a year now and i can't play the only game which I want to play (FIFA)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 147

So what sort of problem do you need to have to deem it worthy of a moderators involvement? They seem to cherry pick what they want and **** everyone else.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 33 of 147

@joeyblgs wrote:

So what sort of problem do you need to have to deem it worthy of a moderators involvement? They seem to cherry pick what they want and **** everyone else.

So what do you expect the mods to do about a problem which has nothing to do with BT as bourne out by the trecert's provided?

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 147

A quick search of the Internet shows that people from around the world are having the same problem so that would rule out it being a BT problem. In the UK people from all the ISP have complained about it including people on Virgin so that again rules out the BT wires.

It is more likely a problem with either the game being badly written, the games servers, the way the game connects to the Internet or the device it is being played on.

Most of the things I have read would tend to point the problem being at the games servers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 147

Just got a reply today from EA after emailing them. They said the problem occurs outside of their servers and the fault lies with my ISP. Exactly the response I expected. I replied to them and lets just say there is a lot of swearing involved and I have told them I am contacting BBC Watchdog and anyone else who will listen. Finished the email off with a nice note saying their servers are bad (explicit word).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 147

@pippincp wrote:

@joeyblgs wrote:

So what do you expect the mods to do about a problem which has nothing to do with BT as bourne out by the trecert's provided?

I What? How do you know it has nothing to do with BT I haven't posted any tracerts?

And what I would like the mods to do is look into my problem (in depth) to make sure it 100% isn't a problem at my/BTs end before I have to **** around trying to contact XBox/Activision. Or they could at least answer the question that I asked which was 'could my problem be caused by poor traffic routing?' and if so, what it would take to rectify it.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 37 of 147

joeybigs post some tracerts then?

Does ea not have servers in Europe?

And they are going to use Microsoft's own dedicated servers for the xbox one .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 38 of 147

@lowei wrote:

joeybigs post some tracerts then?

Does ea not have servers in Europe?

And they are going to use Microsoft's own dedicated servers for the xbox one .

I don't have an issue with EA games (I don't play their games online). Theres confusion in this topic as there are 2 problems being discussed.

My issue is with COD 4 and MW2 (XBox 360). I need to contact Xbox Live/Activision and get the IP address of the exact UK server that I connect to in order to perform a tracert. Getting through to someone who can give me that information isn't easy....think BT customer services (bad enough) but 10 times worse! So it would be better if, while I'm trying to find out said info, BT could do all checks possible from this end as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 39 of 147

Sorry joeyblgs,

I was in the top 200 in the leaderboaders on cod 4 when it was out. Don't play it now as there was to many hackers.

When games get older the makers don't support them, so your problem with the game or games, if not enough people complain about it will get brushed under the carpet so to speak,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 147

lowei, yeah hackers can be a problem but tbh I don't actually see that many that affect the game too badly. If they're outside the map it can be an issue but it's usually idiots up in the air or on rooftops where you can still see them.

I don't actually know anyone else with the problem. I know a couple of others who play the game and have a similar fibre connection and they have no issues... they say when they're host the connection advantage they have is obvious.

I have a feeling it's a routing issue and maybe without the tracert we'll never know, but I don't fancy my chances of getting the info I need from Xbox or Activision support.

I'm hoping there are tests that BT can do without the need for a tracert.
0 Ratings