cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 51 of 147

Re: Gaming problems

@ pippincp, aren't those servers for the PC version of COD?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 147

The first comment on here sums it up for people with FIFA problems; http://fifaaddiction.com/fifa-issues/lag-fix/comment-page-4/#comments

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 147

Have you tried setting up a new profile?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 147

I have mate, it's fine for like a week and then it goes back to being awful again. My brothers play on PS3 and there connections for FIFA are fine, has to be the EA server traffic/routing. They replied to me saying that it was BT's fault. Couldn't make it up!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 147

That to me proves it is not a BT problem. Why would it work OK then after a week slow down. It must be a problem with EA servers not recognising or not liking the profile.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 147

Looks that way, I really wish more people would come together and contact Watchdog, needs to be something we can do, beyond a joke now, if the problem has been ongoing since FIFA 12 then that is staggering and a scary thought considering EA refuse to even acknowledge it. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 147

@joeyblgs wrote:

@pippincp wrote:

@joeyblgs wrote:

So what sort of problem do you need to have to deem it worthy of a moderators involvement? They seem to cherry pick what they want and **** everyone else.

So what do you expect the mods to do about a problem which has nothing to do with BT as bourne out by the trecert's provided?

I What? How do you know it has nothing to do with BT I haven't posted any tracerts?

And what I would like the mods to do is look into my problem (in depth) to make sure it 100% isn't a problem at my/BTs end before I have to **** around trying to contact XBox/Activision. Or they could at least answer the question that I asked which was 'could my problem be caused by poor traffic routing?' and if so, what it would take to rectify it.

Any moderators care to answer this please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 147

OK, fair enough, letter to the CEO it is. I'll also be mentioning this site because the way the moderators operate is a joke. They mostly seem to pick any problems where the customer is having install problems, engineer no shows (issues where BT are clearly at fault) or customers just threatening to take their custom elsewhere (the thought of BT losing a few quid seems to bring the mods in).

And any what I suppose they consider to be small problems are ignored. I have no problem with the forum helpers, although for whatever reason they do tend to think the sun shines out of the mods arses when all the mods actually do is what BT Customer Support should be doing but but we all know how good BT CS areSmiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 59 of 147

Hi Joeyblgs,

I have been keeping an eye on this thread. I am sorry to hear you have had a poor experience while playing COD 4 and MW2.

I understand from your first post the one of the forum  moderation team has already looked at your connection and were unable to identify an issue. You have also confirmed that you connection is fine “all other aspects of my Infinity connection are great, I always get a good 5-8 ping, 66m down- 16m up. Streaming is good, as is download speeds etc.”Both of which show that your connection on the BT network are fine.

The first thing we would do to try and identify where the problem is, is to run a tracert to the game server so that we can look at the routing of your connection. Unless the tracert is provided, we can only test you connection on the BT network which you have already confirmed is okay. If there was a problem with the routing of your connection we would expect to see pings a lot higher than the 5 – 8 ms mentioned in your first post.

PaddyB

BT Forum Moderator,

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 147

Paddy, there is also a problem with FIFA games and Battlefield and when I contact BT they say there is nothing wrong at my end. I contacted EA and they say there is nothing wrong so what the hell is going on? Can I send you my traceroute to EA?

0 Ratings