cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Gerry Anderson

Gerry Anderson died over the holiday period. His sci fi puppet programmes lit the imagination of my childhood, long before special effects and computers came along. My favourite was always Fireball XL5.
Todays youngsters would probably not be as impressed as many of us were back then. He probably paved the way for Star Trek much later but I think stirred the imaginations of many.
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Gerry Anderson

still remember the puppet stringsSmiley Very Happy

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
carlj64
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

As a 6 year old, blonde hair, wearing glasses, I had rather a lot of Joe 90 comments passed my way at school.

My imagination was filled with the awesome craft piloted by the Tracy family, stunned by the underwater exploits of Stingray and as I matured (nearly 10!!!) enjoyed the harder action of Captain Scarlet.

RIP Gerry, puppetmaster of a generation.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Just seen a news clip about this. The voice over for the Sheriff in "Four feather falls" was Nicholas Parsons!

(Apols to forum members who are not pre-decimal £. This thread might read a bit like a column in "The Oldie" magazine) 😉
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Would that be the series that had the song about "Two Gun Tex of Texas, will never let you down"?

I remember The Adventures Of Twizzle.

What about "Torchy The Battery Boy"? http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=wujTB-nDe-M

0 Ratings