cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nland-Knight
Contributor
Message 791 of 1,295

Scheduled Recording Issues on new version of software

My YouView on the BT 4k box updated a few weeks ago and all has been OK until last weekend.

Whereupon I noticed that the 'Scheduled' recordings page in 'MyTV' was completely blank.

I checked through the EPG to check thayt the progs were actually set to record (most are series links) and they were.

I went back into 'Scheduled' in My TV and lo and behold although the page showed up as blank initially after about 10 or 15 secs or so, some 'Tiles' appeared signifying various recordings to be made, except the list wasn't complete.

I then set about doing some 'test recordings' to check if things were actually still working. I set up 2 recordings, neither of which appeared in 'Scheduled' recordings, but which DID record nonetheless.

Next, I tried to set up recordings of that night's NBA Action on BT Sport, I clicked on the programmes and pressed the red record button, but the red record graphic didn't appear on the screen. I tried for nearly an hour, to no avail. Having given up trying to set these recordings out of frustration I returned later in the day to try again, this time it eventually worked and I set to series link too.

However, it still isn't showing up in 'Scheduled Recordings', and in fact, when you go on to that particualar page now, sometimes it still shows no recordings at all, other times a (still incomplete) list of tiles.

Anyone else suffering similar issues? Any ideas for a fix?

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 792 of 1,295

Re: Scheduled Recording Issues on new version of software

It's a known bug in the next generation software. My husband sent a forum moderator on youview a video of the issue hopefully it will be fixed in a future update. I can confirm as long as you have pushed record in the EPG or search your stuff will still record even if it's Mia out of scheduled. If click in and out of scheduled in quick succession you sometimes eventually see the full list. 

I have typed this twice now lost it the first time as the post was moved as I typed it. 

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 793 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

I think it downloads the images, how long have you left it on the schedule screen for ? The same thing happened to me I thought I'd lost all my scheduled recordings but it seems that it just doesn't show anything if it can't download the pictures.
0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 794 of 1,295

A while trouble is it should be as quick as the recordings page. Sometimes stuff has disappeared and reappeared in front of our eyes. Other times some of the pages are missing. It's all part of the same bug.
0 Ratings
jsma
Beginner
Message 795 of 1,295

New Software Update - Where has Hide Channels Feature Gone!

Have looked everywhere and can no longer see any way to hide channels.  Has this feature been removed, if so why??!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 796 of 1,295

Re: New Software Update - Where has Hide Channels Feature Gone!

@jsma wrote:

Have looked everywhere and can no longer see any way to hide channels.  Has this feature been removed, if so why??!

You can`t.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 797 of 1,295

Re: New Software Update - Where has Hide Channels Feature Gone!

As has yours. I know which one I find more irritating to keep reading about.

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 798 of 1,295

Gomezz who is the post aimed at
0 Ratings
billytwiglet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 799 of 1,295

Oh Dear!

After all these years I have a box that works reliably!

My small ultra hd box with youview worked fine until...

(parental guide only for the next bit; new YOUVIEW UPGRADE )-:

BT has chosen to use thumbnails for the recording guide - the pictures rarely represent the program making it harder to find what you want. Lets have a plain old list option please.

Warning; yesterday I unhid a channel and was advised that I would not be able to hide it again. How true. Today, because I wanted to retrieve unavailable channels that have moved, I did a full retune. Now I find that I can NO LONGER HIDE CHANNELS (except to hide all the adult channels through parental control, which is fine as I am a parent) I normally have 80-90 channels to view, out of a total of 180 from my aerial and broadband. Now, I have to scroll through all the unwanted channels to find what I do want!

Not content with this, the new guide will only scroll top to bottom. when you get to the end you have to scroll all the way up or select a low number channel to get back to the start. What was wrong with the old continuous scoll through a continuous loop?

I could go on; I probably have. A BT operator confirmed the above to me when I called this morning. I am not the only one in dissent. Also stated that there is no option to revert to the old system. Also stated that I should have received an email extolling the new system. I said no, but on searching through my emails the answer should have been yes. No mention of the channel hiding problem though-kept that one quiet. This appears to me to be a blatent attempt to make sure I see all the sales channels. Well here's the news; I don't, because I still never watch them!

I am out of contract.

BT will happily end the service and collect the box (no problem with losing customers then; I spent my working life ensuring I kept mine and gained the trust of as many more as I could)

The roads have just been dug up and fibre laid. I was mildly inconvenienced by the disruption to village life, but now I can change service to whosoever I please!

BT, please show some respect for your existing long term customers.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 800 of 1,295

@billytwiglet

This is a YouView decision, not a BT Retail one. It affects all providers that use YouView.

You would have to buy a stand alone FreeView PVR to avoid these enforced changes.

0 Ratings