Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jackrobin
Contributor
Message 801 of 1,295

Re: more ideas on how to make BT TV more worse

Re: more ideas on how to make BT TV more worse

Youview are still stating that BT boxes are currently in the process of being updated to 27.47.0 https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions?_ga=2.214463127.10... making me think the .50 rollout has been suspended. Surely they could roll affected boxes back to .47 until these issues are sorted.

**UPDATE** Youview pages now updated. Better late than never!

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 802 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

I had a few 6029 hours again last night I am starting to wonder if it's associated with the rollout of the new software somehow perhaps the server is overloaded. It would be pretty incompetent to have the same server doing both tasks but hey I would not put it past them.
0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 803 of 1,295

I feel your pain with the hidden channel (or lack of) problem,

I've resolved the issue by simply getting a standard feeview PVR, one that lets me select favourite listing, and boot up to them on my first screen, and a Roku 3 box.

The Roku has transformed the speed at which apps load, its simple , much faster, you can customise your homescreen, not a single app i wont use there.

The only reason i have the BT youview box still connected at all is to watch all my recorded films etc, then it's going back in it's box, or on ebay.  Youview is a fantastic idea, but not when you get a tedious guide to scroll through, and rather toyish tiles , come on youview adults use this box too !.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 804 of 1,295

I would get a Freesat box if I were you I've always had one even when I was with Sky I think Freesat has slightly better picture quality than Freeview and in an ideal world I would upgrade to one of the latest Humax boxes however finances do not allow
0 Ratings
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 805 of 1,295

New Youview update wins two awards

Next Gen YouView takes home 2 awards, Silver for Best TV/Video Service Update and winner for Contribution to User Experience #theconnies https://t.co/q2yiVhMVZj
Alan-Brazil
Contributor
Message 806 of 1,295

Re: New Youview update wins two awards

So what? People either like the update or they don't, posting some awards most people haven't even heard of won't change that. Awards like this are utterly pointless.
0 Ratings
billytwiglet
Aspiring Contributor
Message 807 of 1,295

Just goes to show how out of touch they are. I have not seen one good comment about this 'upgrade' on any site or forum so far; not about BT or YOUVIEW.

Mind over matter. As customers, we don't matter.

Bye bye BT

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 808 of 1,295

Me I have posted good feedback on here. My husband has posted loads of good feedback on the youview forum
jackrobin
Contributor
Message 809 of 1,295

They've definitely contributed to one thing....alienating their customer base. So funny to see the fanboys posting about awards. Who cares? Their next test is fixing all the bugs etc they've introduced. That opening post made my day. Thanks for the laughs. 

It's like being in primary school in here. RD.
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 810 of 1,295

@ruth554422 wrote:
Gomezz who is the post aimed at

Someone who has since comitted a cardinal breach of netiquette by editing their post to obfuscate the context.   If they disagreed with my comment they should man up and argue their case rather than pretend they never made their original comment.

0 Ratings