Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carkev
Beginner
Message 871 of 1,295

downgrade DTR T2100 Firmware

hi,

my wife is less than pleased with the layout on our T2100 box since a recent OTA upgrade.

can anyone advise from where I may download an earlier firmware, and how to apply it?...

and perhaps how to disable auto upgrade?

currently our T2100 has BT's software ver 3.1.156 (1fc6ab)

I have found many BT pages online regarding current and older firmwares - but no download links at all.

what I am trying to achieve here is rather easy to do on Android phones and my Humax PVR in the past.

(after all, it's just a simple rom/firmware change)

so I'm disappointed with BT support in that I cannot find anything via Google to help me do this re-flashing.

I have been on hold now for over 48 minutes on the tech help line (via an internal passthrough), which is quite ridiculous

so I have no choice but to pester this forum! - (or perhaps I should I try Humax for something that may work?)

thanks,

Kevin

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 872 of 1,295

Re: downgrade DTR T2100 Firmware

@carkev

Its not possible to downgrade to an earlier version.

0 Ratings
carkev
Beginner
Message 873 of 1,295

I find that answer quite astounding and totally unacceptable Keith - surely not?

this kind of work can be done on all kinds of devices - even the cheapest and nastiest of Android based Kodi boxes.

what is supposedly so special about BT's T2100 operating system that it cannot be re-flashed?

the box is manufactured by Humax after all - and I have done it on some of their models.

as an owner and purchaser I should not have automatic updates or any changes made to my device without my permission

especially if they cannot be reversed as you seem to believe - even Microsoft would never impose such changes on a user!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 874 of 1,295

@carkev

That is the case, remember its YouView, not BT Retail that have forced this update. BT are just a partner in the venture.

Updates are something that you have to agree to when using the YouView platform

I suggest you read the threads on the YouView board, and also this thread, and you will may see the reasons. YouView want to control what you are watching, and deliver advertising to match Smiley Sad

There is no money to be made if people simply buying a YouView box and use it as a FreeView PVR, without using an Internet connection.

Now with the update, its useless without an Internet connection, as it would not be able to download the pictures.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 875 of 1,295

Reading the last couple of posts I feel it would be beneficial to quote what a Youview representative posted a while ago on the Youview community within the thread

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/setup-now-impossible-without-broadband-after-nextgen-up...

.... Setup now requires internet access and you need to agree to the Terms and Conditions (previously you could run the box without agreeing and it wouldn't access any internet services).

After Setup though, you are free to pull the internet access from the box and it will operate offline as it did in 1st Gen (though new parts such as the main menu and MyTV tiles will obviously not be able to load data and imagery respectively, whereas before they didn't need to)

0 Ratings
carkev
Beginner
Message 876 of 1,295

ok, my apologies to all at BT ... Man Embarassed

and thanks for not chewing me out and being so polite.

I shall investigate the box with and without Lan, but am quite furious over Youview's attitude/actions.

given my own point of view I would most probably stick the **bleep** thing on ebay -

but I have to take heed of 'she who must be obeyed'' or else convince her to just get used to it!

0 Ratings
carkev
Beginner
Message 877 of 1,295

**bleep** inserted?
I only used the word that sounds like the one that precedes 'Busters' in the famous WW2 film involving Lancaster Bombers.

0 Ratings
Timm150
Aspiring Contributor
Message 878 of 1,295

New BT Channels appearing in TV Guide - Not Able to Hide

Just notced that BT have updated my TV listings and added a number of BT sport channels to my TV Guide/listings, and since this update can not hide. Does anyone know if this HIDE option will ever be put back in as an option?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 879 of 1,295

Re: New BT Channels appearing in TV Guide - Not Able to Hide

@Timm150When Youview launched this next Generation they identified 3 elements of the previous generation that would be coming back specifically they said

There are a few features that are not yet available, but rest assured they will be making their debut again soon:
Discover
Edit Channels
Action Panel 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 880 of 1,295

@carkev wrote:

ok, my apologies to all at BT ... Man Embarassed

and thanks for not chewing me out and being so polite.

I shall investigate the box with and without Lan, but am quite furious over Youview's attitude/actions.

given my own point of view I would most probably stick the **bleep** thing on ebay -

but I have to take heed of 'she who must be obeyed'' or else convince her to just get used to it!

It's no different to Sky or Virgin Media.  Why people think it should be any different with Youview I don't really know.  Yes you aren't forced to subscribe to channels and you can buy the retail version.  However, like any other media company there are still T&Cs. 

0 Ratings