cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DigitalDave
Contributor
Message 931 of 1,295

Re: BT/YouView 27.50.0 Consensus

Tiles on the screen at start-up, most irritating. Have to push "Back" to get rid of them. Can't see any way to customise start-up. Much preferred to use the blue button (my bt) if I needed to.

Also your #3.

0 Ratings
youviewbunny
Contributor
Message 932 of 1,295

DigitalDave

I agree. I'll include this in my list. I'm still not sure how to forward it. I may just post it to BT and YouView headquarters. Ideas?

0 Ratings
ruud316
Beginner
Message 933 of 1,295

You view box recordings

Since the update the recordings in myview are a total mess! **bleep** crappy boxes every where! I want my simple list back!
0 Ratings
davidb00
Aspiring Expert
Message 934 of 1,295

Youviewbunny

Best send via snail mail , mark " Personal & Confidential, for the personal attention of XXX XXX( the MD of each companies name)".

A receipted delivery would be nice, but at least ask for an acknowledgement.

They may not look at it personally, but their secretaries will & should bring it to the MDs attention!

A bit of time may be needed to find the correct address of each, to just send to say the MD, BT, London, would probably be a waste of time and it may end up in the round receptacle on the floor(bin).

0 Ratings
Nanis
Beginner
Message 935 of 1,295

YOUR VIEW

Is anyone else not happy with the new Yourview service ? Mostly concerning the hand remote set poor sizing and layout. Very difficult for elderly people - OK for people with fingers like matchsticks. 1. very difficult to switch between buttons - very small - often push wrong button. 2. Hard to feel or see buttons. 3.Yellow button no longer available.Cant switch easily back and to programmes 4. Guide does not give short information - only available when pressing the info button - very awkward. 5. Guide and some channel names hard to read even in Zoom. 6. Guide button would previously return to Channel 1 when pressing twice - ? 7. Reaching recordings is not as simple as before - would prefer listing as before. Also not easy getting info of each recording. 8. Previous remote had a more user friendly layout - easier to see - feel and use. 9. Some failures of scheduled recordings. List not finished.
0 Ratings
Nanis
Beginner
Message 936 of 1,295

Re: You view box recordings

I totally agree.

0 Ratings
Nanis
Beginner
Message 937 of 1,295

I agree - rubbish - also when you stop a recording it used to go back to the list. Now it goes to the channel.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 938 of 1,295

Re: YOUR VIEW

@Nanis wrote:
Is anyone else not happy with the new Yourview service ? Mostly concerning the hand remote set poor sizing and layout. Very difficult for elderly people - OK for people with fingers like matchsticks. 1. very difficult to switch between buttons - very small - often push wrong button. 2. Hard to feel or see buttons. 3.Yellow button no longer available.Cant switch easily back and to programmes 4. Guide does not give short information - only available when pressing the info button - very awkward. 5. Guide and some channel names hard to read even in Zoom. 6. Guide button would previously return to Channel 1 when pressing twice - ? 7. Reaching recordings is not as simple as before - would prefer listing as before. Also not easy getting info of each recording. 8. Previous remote had a more user friendly layout - easier to see - feel and use. 9. Some failures of scheduled recordings. List not finished.

Yes I must agree regarding the remote control. I used to have Sky and could find and operate ever single button with out have to look at the remote. The BT remote does not even sensibly fit in my had, I have to kind of flip it up and down. It looks like they've actually designe it to look like a phone handset if you ask me, how craxy is that ?

Some of it is due to the poor design of the UI, ie. lack of user test and feedback I suspect. Also I suspect they only ever intended to play 2nd fiddle to Sky, i.e. lack of vision 

On the plus side it does seem to have  better quality buttons action and like most things Humax originated you do eventually learn to live with it  ( I'm still using a 2009 FoxSat that literally takes 5 seconds to respond to a button press in some places )

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 939 of 1,295

@DigitalDave wrote:

Tiles on the screen at start-up, most irritating. Have to push "Back" to get rid of them. Can't see any way to customise start-up. Much preferred to use the blue button (my bt) if I needed to.

Also your #3.

I actually think of them as a plus point for this new UI, pretty useful feature. 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 940 of 1,295

@ruud316 wrote:
Since the update the recordings in myview are a total mess! **bleep** crappy boxes every where! I want my simple list back!

You'll have to jump platforms then - Freesat.

0 Ratings