Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 941 of 1,295

Re: YOUR VIEW

@Nanis wrote:
Is anyone else not happy with the new Yourview service ? Mostly concerning the hand remote set poor sizing and layout. Very difficult for elderly people - OK for people with fingers like matchsticks. 1. very difficult to switch between buttons - very small - often push wrong button. 2. Hard to feel or see buttons. 

I have complained about the remote since joining BT. The original remote with the clicky buttons was far better. My Humax Freesat box uses this type of remote 

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 942 of 1,295

Re: BT/YouView 27.50.0 Consensus

@gomezz wrote:

@youviewbunny wrote:

You will all have your favourite moans

1)  Restore functionality to quickly and easily move the playbar to any point in a recording including the shortcut keypress to jump to the end (mark as Watched);

2)  Restore functionality to wraparound in all lists and sub-lists of programmes (recordings and catch-up) to make it easy to skip from first to last and vice versa.

Speaking for myself I would say the above are the two main gripes I have with the new UI so I would second these going on a priority to put right list.

0 Ratings
ian1covkid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 943 of 1,295

Delete recording after watching

Am I missing something simple or do I after finishing watching a recording, have no option to delete it unless I go back to my bt, navigate back to the recording, then delete it.
Surely just pressing Delete after finishing watching a recording should work?
0 Ratings
bestcj
Beginner
Message 944 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

DISAPPOINTING ! ! !

Lots of gimmicks but NO WAY OF EDITING CHANNELS OR FAVOURITES and even the possibility of hiding unwanted channes has disappeared.

WHEN WILL BT TV REAQLLY HAVE A FUNCTIONAL INTERFACE ? ? ?

Bakersboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 945 of 1,295

new youview screens have an annoying little bug

Hi - love the new updated youview menus BUT there is an annoying little bug that just needs a little 'tweak' by a techie.

When selecting saved programs to play back, programs that have more than one recording are grouped.

So you go into the group and select the one you want to play and bingo....

So far so good....

BUT when pressing the stop key Youview does not go back to the list of programs but goes back to the list of groups.

This means having to go back into the group to delete the program you have just seen. In fact I have almost deleted a whole group a few times before realising I was in the wrong screen.

Im sure some clever techie can tweak this so the stop button goes back to the individual program list and NOT the group screen.

I hope someone from Bt can see this and pass it on to the relevant group.

I did try the chat but the person I spoke to didnt have a clue and wanted to send an engineer Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 946 of 1,295

Re: new youview screens have an annoying little bug

It's not a bug. It's how the software works presently also bt have no responsibility for coding the software youview do. This sort of feedback on the software is best posted on the youview forum not here.
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 947 of 1,295

It *is* a bug given that I know of no other recording device which does not keep focus on the recording that has just had playback stopped.
0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 948 of 1,295

I think the OP must be about the 100th person to point this out here in BT forum land, well done for originality BTW.

0 Ratings
Bakersboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 949 of 1,295

and thanks a lot for your useful contribution Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Bakersboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 950 of 1,295

thanks Ruth - is this a different forum comnpletely or is it on here?

A link would be useful.

As per usual BT do not make it easy to find things on their system - it's a nightmare!

0 Ratings