cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Timm150
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1011 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Hi, When I read that there was another update coming I thought great we will have the option to hide, and as you said after reading other posts on the net this option is not going to happen. So with this unit I don't even need to go into the TV Guide page, as I mentioned ealier all my channels are on my favorite screen. I got my remote from amazon who are doing a good deal at the moment. What I also like about this is the option that you can have commands like My PLayer, My BT etc all on one screen. Its so quick to set up. Got all my model numbers before hand so once those had been keyed in, the unit found them and installed. Even my wireless soundbar works as it did before. Highly recommended. Youview remote now assigned to cupboard.

SAM_0560.JPGSAM_0562.JPG

SAM_0563.JPG

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1012 of 1,295

WP_20170624_002A.jpg

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1013 of 1,295

Glad you like your Harmony.  Personally though I prefer having a dedicated remote for each device.

The poster who said we have been badly misled is certainly right and I'd be interested in hearing a legal opinion about this issue i.e. are they in breach of certain regulations by making claims they haven't been able to back up (or simply unwilling to implement the old features). 

0 Ratings
pjbh
Beginner
Message 1014 of 1,295

OK, so here is my tuppence worth on the 'new experience' after a few months of it. It isn't universally worse: the old version had the daft arrangement of dropping you into the bottom of the first page of recorded programs, at least now it starts with the most recent. The most annoying 'features' for me are the icon recorded list, rather than a simple text list, and the gratuitous blue bar on the bottom of the screen whenever you pause or move around a program, which hangs around far too long.

If they have resources to spend on programming, why not make it much more user-configurable? The first thing I did when I saw the new program list was to look to see if it could be set back to a list. Sadly not, but presumably some people must like it, so why not have it as user-choice? I'm watching tennis at the moment; it would be great if I could set the step forward to be 20 seconds rather than 60, then I could skip the time between points easily. Except for the gratuitous blue bar, but if I could set that to timeout after 1 second rather than the current absurd 7 then it wouldn't be so objectionable. And how about being able to specify that the blue button takes you to the recorded list first, rather than the guide, for which there is already a dedicated remote control button?

What I would really like, if they have programming effort to spend, is a 1.5x playback option that maintains sound, as on my old Sony recorder. Much current tv benefits from being speeded up!

0 Ratings
hyper01
Aspiring Expert
Message 1015 of 1,295

A brand new experience?

Yes, significantly more failed recordings.

BT cannot provide software which performs key tasks required of a PVR. 

0 Ratings
damoville
Beginner
Message 1016 of 1,295

I have contacted by 5 times now. No answers.
Since the software update in my tv the most recent recording should be at the front. If I have a series recorded I have to press right 15 times for example to get to the most recent recording. Surely it should be the same as before where your most recent recording is at the front. Just total stupidity to have the latest episode furthest to the right
0 Ratings
damoville
Beginner
Message 1017 of 1,295

By = bt
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 1018 of 1,295

@damoville welcome to the community. The order in which recordings in a series are presented in MyTV Recordings is determined by the Youview software. Youview have revisited MyTV and have made some changes and have indicated their intention to made further changes to that area of NextGen Youview.

The thread linked below on the Youview community states their intentions

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/forum-feedback-on-mytv-in-next-gen-software

Unless Youview provide options to sort or customize the MyTv Recordings then the order and presentation will be determined by the version of Youview software your box is on.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1019 of 1,295

You realise the PVR functionality is for time-shifting not for permanent archiving? Your usage pattern seems to be irregular?
0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1020 of 1,295

@gomezz wrote:
You realise the PVR functionality is for time-shifting not for permanent archiving? Your usage pattern seems to be irregular?

Yes, time-shifting to a time convenient to the user.  As for archiving - well my non-BT Humax Freeview PVR has a copy function.  Providing I record in SD not HD (what's the difference anyway) I can copy to external media, play the material on most other devices and keep it for ever and a day.  Smiley Happy

That does call into question your assertion that PVR functionality is not for permanant archiving does it not?

0 Ratings