cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1101 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

Again another whine about a most complained fix release, things take time to code and test before releasing and possibly breaking other things.

The fixes are coming, check the release schedule to all the other platforms out there and you will see the difference in the amount of releases YouView are putting out. 

The intial rollout took a lot of time but now that is complete the fixes are rolling out well.

Patience is a virtue you know, all good things come to those that wait...

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1102 of 1,295

@scointer wrote:

Again another whine about a most complained fix release, things take time to code and test before releasing and possibly breaking other things.

The fixes are coming, check the release schedule to all the other platforms out there and you will see the difference in the amount of releases YouView are putting out. 

The intial rollout took a lot of time but now that is complete the fixes are rolling out well.

Patience is a virtue you know, all good things come to those that wait...

The point is they say they pay attention to these forums but don't feel like announcing the points that they will respond to and just sneak out a trivial update.  

IF they were committed to respond to the feedback they would supply a list of their priority updates.  They clearly are not but you say "the fixes are rolling out well" there is zero evidence of this.  You can call pointing out awkward truths a "whine" well the bad news is this isn't an 'only post good points about BT/Youview' Pravda-esque forum

scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1103 of 1,295

This is a community forum so not official.

They will never announce on here incase things do not go to plan. YouView are the ones coding this software so therefore you need to check their forum.

The YouView forum have stated items that will be returning on there (Hide Channels, Discover section and Action panel). They will obviously not state exactly when these will return as coding and testing can throw up any number of issues.

Zero evidence - the MTV section was redesigned - taking away the 'Hero' tile and expanding the titles, the Main Menu timeout was reduced, starting at the oldest recording, the return journey from watching a series programme has been fixed and numerous other smaller fixes since the intial rollout. I would hardly say that is zero evidence and most of these updates have been from 'forum' feedback...

can I point you in the right direction

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-27-50-0?_ga=2.920056....

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-software-update-28-26-0?_ga=2.2348575...

There is obviously a delay because of the different types of platform - Retail, BT and TalkTalk which unfortunately extends the rollout phase.

0 Ratings
Timm150
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1104 of 1,295

Hi,

Why are we still having to put up with that dam pop up menu thing when you first start up? A complete waste of time. If I wanted that I can press the YOUVIEW button. You mention The community forum so not official. So why have it then if no one takes any notice of what us paying customers are saying? Oh sorry I just noticed your an Recognised Expert 

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1105 of 1,295

@Timm150 wrote:

Hi,

Why are we still having to put up with that dam pop up menu thing when you first start up? A complete waste of time. If I wanted that I can press the YOUVIEW button. You mention The community forum so not official. So why have it then if no one takes any notice of what us paying customers are saying? Oh sorry I just noticed your an Recognised Expert 

They're not paying any attention over at the official YouView forum either

BT/Youview shot themselves in the foot with the Next Gen functional degrade with appalling communication and now they've just done it again - except this time the foot may have been in their mouth which is a bit fatal

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1106 of 1,295

I have just proved they are listening but of course you don't actually deal in any facts as such...

Of course it would be lovely if everybody could have something that did everything exactly how they wanted it but the reality is just because YOU want it doesn't mean every one of YouView's 2 million plus customers wants it also.

Judging by your amount of posts I will forgive you for not knowing the true facts. The real reason for this upgrade was because the old code was dispersed and unweildy to try and move forward with, something that every platform needs to do. This massive decision has of course brought some issues with certain features slowy being re-introduced (and some not re-introduced at all). Some people may decide that they really don't like the new interface and may move elsewhere BUT some will also like the new features it will allow (deeper app intergration, alexa voice control, easier app intergration) that we will see in the future and that will bring in new customers.

The end result will be quite obvious to see as the subscriber numbers are announced by TalkTalk and BT to see how the new interface is taken as a whole rather than a few and obviously this needs to be over time.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1107 of 1,295

@scointer wrote:

I have just proved they are listening but of course you don't actually deal in any facts as such...

Of course it would be lovely if everybody could have something that did everything exactly how they wanted it but the reality is just because YOU want it doesn't mean every one of YouView's 2 million plus customers wants it also.

Judging by your amount of posts I will forgive you for not knowing the true facts. The real reason for this upgrade was because the old code was dispersed and unweildy to try and move forward with, something that every platform needs to do. This massive decision has of course brought some issues with certain features slowy being re-introduced (and some not re-introduced at all). Some people may decide that they really don't like the new interface and may move elsewhere BUT some will also like the new features it will allow (deeper app intergration, alexa voice control, easier app intergration) that we will see in the future and that will bring in new customers.

The end result will be quite obvious to see as the subscriber numbers are announced by TalkTalk and BT to see how the new interface is taken as a whole rather than a few and obviously this needs to be over time.

Actually you just proved it is you who haven't been listening nor know the true facts

There was no need to impose the functional degrade on existing box owners, they chose to.  This is their own goal.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 1108 of 1,295

Does anyone know how I can turn off email alerts that a message on this strand has been received?

Geoff

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 1109 of 1,295

@gspearson If you go to the topic options at the top of the thread and click 'unsubscribe' on the drop down

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 1110 of 1,295

thanks  - it is interesting but there has been a toorent in the .last few days

0 Ratings