Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1251 of 1,295

Re: Get ready for your brand-new BT TV experience

@MadRob wrote:

That would be a good idea but then again would anyone in a position to do anything about it actually listen?!? History would say "no, they won't"

And it doesn't take too much joining of the dots to work out why neither here nor on the Youview forum have the site managements placed such polls

@MadRob wrote:

For the record, I'd like to see the old timebar functionality brought back PLUS I'd love to see 'padding' being implemented for recordings AND I'd like to see the old 'action' functions being brought back when pressing 'info' etc (although that one is apparently coming back). Another one that BT trumpeted before Next Gen was released was keeping the old 'action' menu whereby when you accessed a recording you could choose to either watch the recorded programme or choose to watch it 'On Demand' instead. That was also useful for me.

Not happy with calling it timebar function but the ability to put a jump to start time is the key one for me.  Its loss has just about made it unusable for me

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1252 of 1,295

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@MadRob wrote:

That would be a good idea but then again would anyone in a position to do anything about it actually listen?!? History would say "no, they won't"

And it doesn't take too much joining of the dots to work out why neither here nor on the Youview forum have the site managements placed such polls

How cynical!  Are you inferring YouView/BT doesn't listen to its customers. Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1253 of 1,295

@Jim-lad wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

@MadRob wrote:

How cynical!  Are you inferring YouView/BT doesn't listen to its customers. Smiley Wink

Would I ever . . ..

. . . point out the obvious.  

0 Ratings
HackneyMan
Contributor
Message 1254 of 1,295

Not sure if this helps anyone with the old DTR- T1000 box but I contacted BT today to ask if they are still supporting this box with software updates. Their response was that they no longer supply this box, which I already knew, and offered to supply me with the G4 free of charge as an active BT TV customer. Should get the new box in about 72 working hours. Perhaps others with the old original box should also contact BT!

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1255 of 1,295

Stevek1311 wrote:

Not happy with calling it timebar function but the ability to put a jump to start time is the key one for me.  Its loss has just about made it unusable for me

That's the functionality I mean: the ability to put a jump to start time

That's the one I'm going to miss Saturday evening when I have to press a darn button 30 times to get to the kick off in the football.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1256 of 1,295

@HackneyMan wrote:

Not sure if this helps anyone with the old DTR- T1000 box but I contacted BT today to ask if they are still supporting this box with software updates. Their response was that they no longer supply this box, which I already knew, and offered to supply me with the G4 free of charge as an active BT TV customer. Should get the new box in about 72 working hours. Perhaps others with the old original box should also contact BT!

Thanks, may try that

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1257 of 1,295

@MadRob wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

That's the one I'm going to miss Saturday evening when I have to press a darn button 30 times to get to the kick off in the football.

To me the lost timebar function was we used to be able to see exactly what time position you were in the paused live feed

As for 'jump to' I record BBC breakfast every day but only really want to watch the last local news that starts 2 hours and 26 minutes into the recording.  So guess what I do now (and it isn't wait through 5 minutes of fast forward or 146 jump 1 minute presses?

(I Best Whisper it quietly: I now record it on Sky of course)

0 Ratings
Jim-lad
Expert
Message 1258 of 1,295

@MadRob wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

You can use the fast forward button which to be fair is pretty speedy.  I just whizzed through a 30 minute prog at lunchtime to get to 28 mins and it only took seconds on the fastest speed.

0 Ratings
Stevek1311
Expert
Message 1259 of 1,295

@Jim-lad wrote:

@MadRob wrote:

@Stevek1311 wrote:

You can use the fast forward button which to be fair is pretty speedy.  I just whizzed through a 30 minute prog at lunchtime to get to 28 mins and it only took seconds on the fastest speed.

Well seems there is a hidden 50x fast forward speed as have just done some detail speed tests on a long recording and it was just 3 minutes to get to the 2 hours 26 point.  It only showed 30x but would go faster with further presses of fast forward.

Still a long time to wait but not as bad as it says it will be

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 1260 of 1,295

True. I think I've got so used to using the skip buttons to bypass adverts I've almost forgotten about fwd/rew 😁

0 Ratings