Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brownjl99
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Getting BT Infinity

Hi,

My local exchange GALGATE is now accepting orders. I have check with the wholesale checker and it say my line (using my phone number) has FTTC avaliable at around 66mbps. The openreach when and where site says accepting orders and if I do a line check using my phone number with other suppliers (Plus.net/talk talk/etc) it says I can now order fibre.

However BT Retail/Infinity says that fibre is still not available to me. A friend can order it who is on the same cabinate according to wholesale checker.

The roll out to galgate is still on-going, is it just a matter of time before I can order? I am eager to get fibre broadband and would much rather wait for BT. Is this sort of thing usual earlier days in the roll out or am I best just ordering it from one of the other openreach ISP's...

Thanks

James

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting BT Infinity

If the cabinet has just gone live it may be that BT have not updated their database to show this. Have you tried phoning the Options Team 0800.800.030 and they should be able to tell you if it's available.

Beware that if you order it through the options team you will NOT be eligible for any of the online offers.

brownjl99
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the help.

Just gave them a call, my current ISP has requested a MASS migration (moving to 21cn) which wont happen until 30/1. So unfortunatly I have to stay with them until this date. At which point I can then request a MAC code and then order infinity!

Ah Well ill have to wait a bit longer!

Cheers,

James

0 Ratings
gravy1
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Same thing happened with me..... my cabinet is 60 yards from my house but is connected to the exchange in the next town (possibly due to the river running through my town Gt yarmouth). I do not know who gave me the link but I ended up on a site with the BT cabinets and it showed my cabinet as FTTC (wish I had kept that link). I asked BT for a connection and they also told me there is no infinity in my area, even though I was connected to that cabinet. They suggested I register my interest on line which I did.... In the drop down box requesting house number, I put every house number in my street, twice a day for 2 weeks and then they must have thought there was enough people to start connecting Smiley Tongue and they sent an engineer who took just minutes to check my line... and as I was decorating he didn't even have to put my OR box on the wall just give me enough cable to position it wherever I needed it later.

Within 2 months I did see at least 7 other new secure BT names appear in my wifi search and now there are a lot more.

BT is the best way to go. 

Far too old and fat to be riding very fast motorcycles...... but I do.
0 Ratings