cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Getting Fed Up

OK guys been with BT now over two years, like alot of people I've had alot of problems,

but the last few weeks its been terrible, constant drop outs wirelesly, even my two sons who are hard wired with their PS4S are having alot of problems. There has been people working on one of the cabinets in my road for the last two weeks is this a coincidence. I dont think so. When I brought this up with BT they said there hadnt been and that their is not a problem with my connectiion, but when I go on line I see there has been a fault raised. Why was'nt I told ?. My line speed is normally around 44/48 and always seem to get around 42/45 wireles. I must admit Im seriously considering going over to VIRGIN and giving their 

200m/b ago, you get a two week trial and can send it back if not entirely happy with it, two of my neighbours have it and are very pleased.

(VOL051-8681479419382)

1. Product name:BT Home Hub
2. Serial number:+076272+NQ34808804
3. Firmware version:Software version 4.7.5.1.83.8.204.1.11 (Type A) Last updated 07/07/15
4. Board version:BT Hub 5A
5. DSL uptime:0 days, 13:53:14
6. Data rate:6789 / 42101
7. Maximum data rate:6938 / 54548
8. Noise margin:6.2 / 10.2
9. Line attenuation:31.2 / 22.4
10. Signal attenuation:30.6 / 20.8
11. Data sent/received:12.7 GB / 77.3 GB
12. Broadband username:bthomehub@btbroadband.com
13. BT Wi-fi:Yes
14. 2.4 GHz Wireless network/SSID:TheDelvos@BT
15. 2.4 GHz Wireless connections:Enabled (802.11 b/g/n (up to 144 Mb/s))
16. 2.4 GHz Wireless security:WPA2
17. 2.4 GHz Wireless channel:1
18. 5 GHz Wireless network/SSID:

Mike

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Getting Fed Up

In order to find out what services and speed range you should be getting, please enter your phone number into this form.
Broadband availability checker

Please remember to edit out your phone number before you post the results.

Could you please post the results from the BT Speedtester, including the further diagnostics.

BT Wholesale Speedtester

Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Can you use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen shot of all the results including your IP profile for up and down. This test must be done with a wired connection.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

wireless disconnections are not caused by Openreach working on the cabinets more likely caused by other wireless devices on the sane channel as you have you tried changing wireless channels on the hub
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 13

My I/P  profile is normally around 45/48

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
 9.15 Mbps

0 Mbps40.75 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 9.15 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 28.52 Mbps-40.75 Mbps .
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 40.75 Mbps

2. Upstream Test: -provides background information.

Upload Speed
 1.86 Mbps

0 Mbps20 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Upload speed achieved during the test was - 1.86Mbps
 Additional Information:
 Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps

This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your Broadband Service Provider to investigate the fault.

If you wish to carry out further tests,please click on 'Continue' button.If not, please close the window using 'Exit' button and contact your ISP for further assistance with these results.

According to the broadband availability speed checker my line is impacted.

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Just out of interest wednesday night when I was on the phone to BT. I don't know what they did but my download speed was 51 and I/P profile went up to 53.

Mike 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

It sounds like an unstable line possibly a noisy line causing your problem as the help lines cannot make any changes to the fibre network unlike conventional copper based broadband changes can only be made by Openreach with an engineers visit to check your line

Have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 you should hear no noise if you can hear noise then it needs reporting to BT faults on 151 with no mention of broadband in the call
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Yes it looks like a noisy line to me to, noise magin is up to 10.2. I wonder why. ?

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

have you tried the quiet line test ?

your noise margin is higher than its default because of the disconnections you are having
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Yes just done it. It sounds quiet.

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

have you tried connecting to the test socket and see if that improves connection stability
0 Ratings