Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Getting Infinity

Dear All,

Currently waiting and waiting and waiting fro my cabinet to become live...Its just keeps slipping (March 14 now).

However, I did think that I had a new bt line installed I may be able to get it quicker, yes more expense but I could perhaps connect to another cabinet that is in use. We used the postcode checker it identifies a different cabinet to the one on the phone checker.

Then cancel my BT BB and phone and take out another account.

Yes there is the additional cost of line installation but I would have Fibre.

Looked at Plusnet and they seemed to suggest that this would work with them, although I have been with BT since dial up times.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Clowesy

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Getting Infinity

Apart from the cost, there would be no guarantee what cabinet you would be put on plus the other cabinet may be further away which would effect the speeds you would get.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

The distribution point (dp) that feeds your premises is tied to the same Cabinet (pcp).However many orders you raise through differing CPs will not change the routing of your line from the exchange.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the answers.

Odd that the postcode checker says cabinet 21 but the phone line says cabinet 10. I thought I may be able to reroute from the FTTC enabled cabinet 21. Sadly not.

The reason on the checker is that there are other utilities in the agreed site for the cabinet...It has already been installed, just not turned "on" as such. There is power to it as it hums!

The date keeps slipping, wont be surprised if it moves again...my BB speed has also dropped recently but thats another issue.

Regards

Clowesy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

The reason it keeps slipping is because there are issues anything can stop the procces mate i have been on 2 meg for years and finally i get fttc on wednesday its so annoying waiting but your time will come just takes time thats all

0 Ratings