Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
groovesection
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 7

Getting Spam every 15 minutes

Go to solution

I have had BT over 3 years and never had a poroblem with spam emails

(apart from blody amazon, but thats because i bought something from them once and they seem to love mailing me with offers every few days)

I am always careful to only use my BT email address for certain things and always use a hotmail account for signing upto services like FB, Youtube etc

So god knows how i have got on a spam list but i am getting hit every 5 - 15 mins

Is there anything i can do apart from creating a new primary email in my account and changing my email addresses on the sites i use it for?

they are all **bleep** **bleep** mails too!!!

The headers.. (removed my BT adress with *******

X-Apparently-To:
***********@btinternet.com via 217.146.188.149; Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:17:07 +0000
Return-Path:
<duanmve@scrapquilts.com>
X-YahooFilteredBulk:
Received-SPF:
none (mta1019.bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com: domain of duanmve@scrapquilts.com does not designate permitted sender hosts)
X-YMailISG:
LMCuCBAcZApjMHy0mAaoOZS3yI5ve0rqaIMke6btcL5lAvQS iLI3LGwyE0Lg43UmQwVkEiEjwb23JLWD_brtRUVXI1DERZpszrHV_CGXCeNh ooYBakDJMQwStj2TGHqKB.gtP0.1HntcMwbCDwlO6O1iUB6ha84Uo9YXoVvJ qG93tC2ad4Lzr596ZWpTvEOyZIiAWAstLosBY6.tYHHMRtFpXYtqEQgOawNr fwI5jxhqNrvRL4wU1x8axPyt_dkzWpiZOQOCh9zcmWDXuRionDPZONl1D19b UR3CWMueb2OQLRFHPNeczZ8abd1r9jxyFIZ1UC2qBqhnz2gjlVjX8zFeD6Xk y1ZmW0G.kH0uijso65_ELptgxEWKm881xlYqCTovalOCfdhYhCQGrGezF7nT 0IdqLP4jwAUhmxsRcpKw6yaP641hlfQJ_LD_q59k2mvAEGgM87HSdqr3y_hi dK_PRsvjt9809c4WJRfw1LZ_RVEi9n6XOIclTFmMCnI_4_IrIGwNMWFGIR6x rITwOczGy4fR5Vr45lvVNhRirYPAOE2CnIhyOUdtpF0v_8I-
X-Originating-IP:
[92.46.209.245]
Authentication-Results:
mta1019.bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com from=quiltstore.com; domainkeys=neutral (no sig); from=quiltstore.com; dkim=neutral (no sig)
Received:
from 92.46.209.245 (EHLO pentium) (92.46.209.245) by mta1019.bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:17:07 +0000
Received:
from ANBL ([10.129.182.186]) by ovoajdlb (8.13.4/8.13.4) with SMTP id u2019644208653p2Do015951 for <**********n@btinternet.com>; Sat, 11 Dec 2010 11:03:10 +0500 (CDT) (envelope-from umrvnwj@quiltstore.com)
Message-ID:
<015901cb98f9$16a100c0$f5d12e5c@ANBL>
"umrvnwj@quiltstore.com" <umrvnwj@quiltstore.com>  
Add sender to Contacts
To:
<*************@btinternet.com>
Subject:
Chubby Telen Bent Over For Some Behind Bangiing
Date:
Fri, 10 Dec 2010 22:02:07 -0800
MIME-Version:
Content-Type:
multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0156_01CB9922.FF465BD0"
X-Mailer:
Microsoft Office Outlook, Build 11.0.5510
X-MimeOLE:
Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3198
Content-Length:

Surely i can be justified if i hack their mail server? lol

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
chrispegg
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Getting Spam every 15 minutes

Go to solution

if you signed up with your email on a outdated forum with spam bots as you will get spam to your inbox...

also stay away from nudey sites........

mmm also did you check if they are from amazon.co.uk??

groovesection
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

As i said i have been with BT over 3 years and never had this problem, i have not signed upto any new sites/forums recently.& I have not been on any "nudey" sites as you so eloquently put it 😛

The emails are not coming from amazon, no way.

Just checked my Inbox and have had 25 since i posted on this forum a mere 6 hours agoImage1.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@groovesection wrote:

I have had BT over 3 years and never had a poroblem with spam emails

I am always careful to only use my BT email address for certain things and always use a hotmail account for signing upto services like FB, Youtube etc

So god knows how i have got on a spam list but i am getting hit every 5 - 15 mins

Is there anything i can do apart from creating a new primary email in my account and changing my email addresses on the sites i use it for?

from 92.46.209.245 (EHLO pentium) (92.46.209.245) by mta1019.bt.mail.ird.yahoo.com with SMTP; Mon, 03 Jan 2011 06:17:07 +0000
Surely i can be justified if i hack their mail server? lol

Hi.

Whose mailserver are you going to attack ? The spam has come via a trojanned/infected machine in Kazakhstan.

Are you received these spam in your Inbox via an email client program ? (In other words you've set to receive all emails via pop3 including spam). You can get the "system" to prefix all suspected spam emails with [Bulk]. You can then easily create a rule to sort them.

@There are a lot of reasons to get spam of course, your own system compromised, friends you email or simply because a spammer has guessed it (e.g. if @isp1.com exists, then they will also use @isp2.com, @isp3.com)

I'm afraid there isn't much you can do about it to be honest.

You can use the addressguard system, or do what I do and that is use a unique email address for every company. In other words get a personal domain (only a few quid every 2 years for a co.uk) and then you can create :-

amazon_tag1 [at] domain [dot] com

play_tag2 [at] domain [dot] com

where tag1/tag2 can be anything: numerical, date based, time etc - but each different so that it's extremely unlikely to guess one company's email address for another. You always use that email address solely for that company. That way if one becomes compromised it's almost certainly due to that company being hacked or passing it on. You can then delete it.

Soulvache
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Have you tried to click on any 'unsubscribe' links in previous spam e-mails?

A lot of people are unaware of the fact that by clicking the link, they are confirming to the spammers that the address is valid and in use.

Kyle

=======================================
If you found my post helpful, please give Kudos on the left!
=======================================
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@groovesection wrote:

As i said i have been with BT over 3 years and never had this problem, i have not signed upto any new sites/forums recently.& I have not been on any "nudey" sites as you so eloquently put it 😛

The emails are not coming from amazon, no way.

Just checked my Inbox and have had 25 since i posted on this forum a mere 6 hours ago

Hi again.

The picture seems to actually show the Spam folder rather than your Inbox (as indicated by the Spam(x) word in the tab heading). Are you also getting these filtering through to the Inbox as well ?

Is it just recently that the Spam folder has been getting spam, or are there always spam emails in there ? If there are some always in there, and have just started to appear in the Inbox - it could be that one or other of the server anti-spam robots has failed to trap them, and hence they appear in the Inbox.

groovesection
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

@ Andy_N
I was obviously joking regarding hacking the mail server, I know that there is not much i can do except kill this email address and set up an new primary @btinternet.com address in my settings and changing all my subscriptions from the compromised address to the new one.

@ soulvache
No i never even open spam emails (i know how spam works by using images/links to verify the address) meaning even more spam if you open them.

@ Andy_N
The spam emails only started about 3 days ago, as i already said i have not signed upto any new websites/forums and i never give my main email to anyone or post it/use it.
98% of the spam is being filtered, however i have had at least 3 actually get through to my inbox.
It is just annoying more than anything 😞

Suppose the fact the spam filter is filtering 98% of it is good,
Think i will just kill this email and set up a new main account.

Bl00dy spammmers lol

I have marked this thread as an accepted solution, seeing as there is nothing that can be done.

thank you to everyone who replied

Rep+ to all of you!

0 Ratings