cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Getting YVM104 error............

.............but only when using either BBC iPlayer or the BBC Sport app.

The picture freezes about 5-10mins into the programme being watched. No messages appear on screen until I 'exit' completely out of the player/app, and only then if I attempt to gain access again to the player/app.

The 1st time it happened I exited the app and straight away entered channel number 430 to access BT Sport (all this gave was a black screen). The error message doesn't appear until I attempt to re-enter the iplayer/sport app and even then after waiting for about a minute or so. The blue light remains on in the box display, the 'settings' menu shows me I'm 'connected' and on 'auto'.

On the 1st occasion I followed the advice on the BT error page help online. On this occasion I just waited 10mins and all was working again (I didn't attempt any 'fixes').

So far for me it only seems to be happening on BBC iplayer/BBC Sport app (the other players and On Demand works without any hitches). When I gain access to the player/app again it works without any issues.

PS. on the 1st time I'd the dropout I was also recording a show on BT Sport which recorded in its entirety (which I would assume means the there was actually no drop in my internet, even tho). My tablet also connects to the internet when the issue occurs on the box.

SORRY for a long winded post but I want to give as much detail as possible Man Wink 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting YVM104 error............

Obviously going by the lack of input to this thread no-one has a clue as to what's going on. No surprise there as BT themselves haven't got a notion. Tonight a YVM102 error popped up while I was watching non internet stuff (noticed the blue internet light flash). No issues with anything else in the house at that time. Roll on the end of this contract. Should have stayed with my previous tv provider, it may have been more expensive but at least it was faultless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

I would speculate that your error message relates to your second instance of the BBC Iplayer not being able to start properly because the first instance didn't  complete or close normally.

check for any updates to players in case you have an old version of the BBC Iplayer That should be checked automatically overnight but may not be done depending upon your box standby or recording status at the scheduled time.

Also there are 2 versions of Iplayer available onYouview ... Iplayer and Iplayer BETA selectable from the Iplayer Settings menu, you could try IPlayer BETA to see if the problems persist or go away.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Thanks @zulu17. Will give the beta iplayer a go (just changed it over) for a day or two and see if that improves things. I've checked and the players are all up to date. 

0 Ratings