cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StripeyMiata
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Getting a MAC Code through the website

Must admit I'm very happy with how easy this was, filled out the form on 28th June and had the Mac Code via email on July 4th, right bang on the 6 days they are meant to give you it by. 

If you are thinking of leaving BT, I can recommend this method over phoning them, unless of course you want to pretend to leave to get a better deal Smiley Happy

In my case they didn't offer me a better deal this way, but I think it's just that they had no comeback for my reasons so I guess they couldn't be bothered.  It's possible if anyone else tries the online form retentions might try harder.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9778/~/how-do-i-request-a-mac-code%3F

Jonathan

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
billyflem
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Getting a MAC Code through the website

Well done,I also have the page bookmarked for when I will be escaping,which will be in 165 days and counting.Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Whilst I am still with BT on the two occasions I have rung the options team on 0800 800 030  I have been given a MAC there and then without any difficulty.

0 Ratings
StripeyMiata
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

My experience was different Conrad, I rang them about 6 weeks ago to confirm when my contract end date was and spent 10 minutes on the phone with them trying to make me stay and resign for another 2 years there and then.  Which I didn't mind, we had a nice chat and they have a job to do.  Just alerting people to another way to do it if people would rather do things online with less fuss.

Now Three (mobile) retentions... that's another story, they really are the spawn of Satan Smiley Mad

Jonathan

0 Ratings