Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SpottyDog
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Getting a New Router

Go to solution

I've been having some issue's with my HH2 resently dropping out and constantly losing the TV picture from my Youview box, so rather than phoning BT I was thinking of getting a new router, the one I've looked at is the TP-Link AC1200 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit VDSL/ADSL Modem Router. I only have ADSL unlimited and use Arcsoft Powerline Adaptors to connect the Youview box.  Does this look a good choice and will it work with BT.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Getting a New Router

Go to solution

it will work with BT  many users have the cheaper tplink 9970 about £30 and find it works well although only single band - adsl/vdsl

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Getting a New Router

Go to solution

As you only have ADSL, its not worth spending a lot of money, The cheaper TP Link TD-W9970 (£30) works just fine, unless you really must have dual band wireless, as the 5GHz band has very limited range anyway, and you would not gain any speed advantage, as your speed is limited by your ADSL connection.

I use one on ADSL, and its very stable My ADSL

63 days uptime and no errors or disconnections.

0 Ratings