cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Getting an Email Address to Delete....

Like so many on here it seems, my primary BT email address is being spammed to within an inch of its life and no amount of filtering and sender blocking (... do either actually work?) seems to stem the flow .

Having decided to bite the bullet and delete said address, I'm not sure if this actually works either. Following the Solution Guide, clicking delete brings up a warning window stating "You are about to delete address@btinternet.com

Once you've deleted this email address, it will continue to receive emails and you can still reactivate it for 60 days, after which it will be permanently deleted".

Then clicking confirm returns me to the managing email adresses page with no confirmation that anything has actually been deleted- the help guide suggests a window should appear confirmind deletion has commenced but I do not get this. There is no further confirmation on the email management page that deletion 'has commenced '.

Sooo, is it deleted or not? Am I not doing something obvious? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Getting an Email Address to Delete....

Hi @darrenfm

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the problems you're having deleting your email address.  Have a look through this - How do I delete a BT Mail address?

Once you have tried that and you're no further forward reply back and we'll give you a hand from here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for the response. Yes- I have followed that Guide (I think) to the letter. All is fine until Step 5, where the Guide shows a pop-up box appearing after deletion confirmation is clicked, the box showing "The deletion of <chosen email address> is in progress". I do not get this pop-up box, it just returns me back to the window showing all domain email addresses, with nothing against the chosen address to say it has been / is in progress of being deleted. So I have no idea if the deletion has happened / is happening or otherwise.

I tried turning off any pop-up blocker but this had no effect.

Regards,

Darren          

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

@RobbieMac - as above, tried that, no difference. Or can @PaddyB sort this as per the other thread?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

@darrenfm Sorry about that, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you delete it. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings