Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Getting fed up after almost 3 months of issues then speed issues

Go to solution

Hi, well long story that around 3 months ago my net connection went down (solid amber light) got a BT engineer visit though 2 hours before he came the Internet connect came back up. The Engineer keep his appointment and re-wired everything for me and put in a BTfaceplate/iplate thing. True to his word after that I seen my speed rise from 6.1 to 7.1. Few weeks later back to square one solid amber light..Another engineer visit again few hours before connection comes back up. Engineer says no wiring issues to my home or in my home. Checked by BB speed and was only getting around 214kbps. Now over 2 weeks later and another engineer visit still no difference. This time they said they would send out a new router (after 4 working days still not has arrived) went out and bought my own router at my own expense as I'm just fed-up getting no-where with Tech helpline asking me the same dopy questions and just offering to send out more engineer visits. Anyhow here's all my stats. Wired connection using Edimax AR-7266WnA Router

ModeLatencyTrellis CodingStatusPower LevelUptime
DownstreamUpstreamSNR Margin (dB)Attenuation (dB)Output Power (dBm)Attainable Rate (Kbps)Rate (Kbps)K (number of bytes in DMT frame)R (number of check bytes in RS code word)S (RS code word size in DMT frame)D (interleaver depth)Delay (msec)FECCRCTotal ESTotal SESTotal UAS
G.dmt
Interleave
Enable
SHOWTIME.
L0
00:29:25

Here's the speed test results.

Download speedachieved during the test was - 413 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :8096 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 7000 Kbps

Download speedachieved during the test was - 374 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 576-600 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Assured Rate IP profile on your line is - 600 Kbps

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 20

Re: Getting fed up after almost 3 months of issues then speed issues

Go to solution
Just to add also the following stats.

xchange: Ballyclare BT Code: NIBC
Distance:- Direct: 605 metres
(appx)* By Road: 1.13 km
Status
ADSL enabled: August 19, 2003
DSL Max enabled: March 30, 2006
SDSL enabled : Not Enabled
21CN due : (PSTN) N/A
21CN WBC (Broadband) RFS date 29.06.11
Broadband Access Market Broadband Access† Market 3
0 Ratings
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution

These stats might be abit easier to read!!

Mode     G.dmt
Latency     Interleave
Trellis Coding     Enable
Status     SHOWTIME.
Power Level     L0
Uptime     01:28:58

Downstream    Upstream
SNR Margin (dB)     10.4    27.0
Attenuation (dB)     21.5    9.5
Output Power (dBm)     19.5    12.5
Attainable Rate (Kbps)     10016    1232
Rate (Kbps)     8096    448
K (number of bytes in DMT frame)     127    15
R (number of check bytes in RS code word)     10    16
S (RS code word size in DMT frame)     0.50    8.00
D (interleaver depth)     64    4
Delay (msec)     8.00    8.00
FEC     111    0
CRC     0    0
Total ES     0    0
Total SES     0    0
Total UAS     0    0

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

you have an 8mb connection with correct profile but a rubbish download/throughput.  I would contact the mods for assistance http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

may take a few days to get a reply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Sorry I am getting soo fed up...it's always contact xxx....ring xxx....and it will take 2-3 days as they say still going on 3 months later.....but why use the link to contact a mod...surly they actually do read these forums..hence known as the moderaters of the forum? I swear if I ring India one more time and get that scripted try xxx and xxx...no matter how many times you tell them to read my account notices...it's all been tried...ohh then we will get an engineer out to visit..been there done that the engineer is even getting annoyed knows me by first name now!!

Sorry for sounding abrubt just getting very irrate at this service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution
Hi
Yes the mods do read the posts the suggestion to mail them puts you in personal touch with one mod who will personally take on your issue until it is sorted I understand your anger but please mail them they will sort your problem and normally quickly
0 Ratings
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
HI, *sighs* just has sent a contact lets hope BT's last chance will work out.
0 Ratings
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution
ohhh update guess what as per normal we will complete a line test which takes 4 hours to complete...but since you rang us after 5pm (The usual time most people actually finish work to be able to still find out they have issues) that department closes at 8pm (still cant figure that one out when there volume of calls received during the 5-6 pm time must be at its peak) we will ring you back in the morning an arrange another visit. This Engineer will come out to my house and again till me for the 5th time there there is no issue with connection to/in my home. I shall ring up BT and tell them the results again we shall complete another line test and another week/month will pass with still no action. Also that Router which the last engineer said he would sent out to me last Wednesday guess what was not even ordered. As usual getting no-where and the call centre even refused to put me through to his manager....after some time said he would get him to call me back. Asked to speak to there Managers boss but guess what they will not accept calls from customers. What a joke. Complaint going to OFCOM. I even asked if they would set my line to re-sync..but they cant without an engineers permission. Pays all this money to BT for broadband and TV through the BTvision. So had no TV internet soo slow its almost unworkable rearranging my work hours around not being able to do some work from home. Rearranging work hours around BT Engineer Visits and will they offer anything to me NO not until the issue has been resolved then we will look at how long we have not provided you with a service. The other Online services which I subscribe to which have been rendered useless since of my speed having to still pay them since payed for a full years service up front. This has become such a joke.

Trying his best not to scream, Cecil.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi cecilmroberts,

I have had a look through our inbox and can see your email there waiting.

We'll get a response out soon and make sure that we get this fixed for you asap.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
cecilmcroberts
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution
Hi Craig, thank you I really am own my last legs with Bt considering been a customer for over 30 years.

Thanks, Cecil.
0 Ratings