Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 10

Getting fed up with disconections after fine service

Go to solution

Up until just over 4 days ago I had been very happy with BT and there service but not anymore.

i reported this on 9th Feb and was told it was a phoneline fault as line had a fant crackle and to keep an eye on my Infinity.

On the 10th I phoned and after a test they said they had boosted my line.

On the 11th I phoned and after a few tests they did something to my IP profile.

I phoned a short time ago and after a test the guy said he could not see anything wrong with my line or  by broadband drop out and told me to set my home hub 3 back to factory setting and change the Ethernet cable from my home hub 3 to the while Openreach box and keep an eye on it. 

He sais if an engerenier has to come out it could cost £120 if the fault is within the house.

He also said I was not to phone them back that I was to reply to the mobile text they was sending me within a few days if with time for them to talk to me to talk more about my problem.

it looks like my problem has still not been fully fixed and I'm not started to get a little fed up with this.

Im started to think I should not have renewed my Infinity plus BT TV service just over 3 weeks ago but at time I had been happy with BT.

Anyone got any ideas or can help please about my intermittent broadband disconections.

Darren

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Getting fed up with disconections after fine service

Go to solution
Hi BT can do nothing with your IP Profile or any other setting on infinity only an Openreach engineer visit and a line fault being found can the Openreach engineer carry out a reset

if the line noise can be heard at the test socket then there should be no charges raised
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@ney I'm sorry to see you're still having issues. Noise on your line can cause broadband disconnections, if you have carried out all the diagnostic tests and as John said you are still getting noise in the test socket with a known working phone this proves the noise is on the BT network and no engineer charge is raised, the link goes into more detail.  

If the helpdesk have went through all the checks and concluded that you need an engineer that's most likely the only way you're going to get this sorted. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for the replly John and thanks for the replay and link Neil. They said I may need an engineer but are unwilling to send out an engineer at his time and I'm to reply o the text they sent me in a few days if I'm still having problems. I have been disconnected 6 times since I was on the phone to them this afternoon. I hav done all the checks they have ask me to do ncluding resetting my home hub 3 back to factory setting with no lufk.

this is very poor service from BT help desk. I'm paying for a Infinity service plus BT TV and I'm not getting full service.

Im started to dislike BT after I have been very happy with them for years.

Come Monday it will be almost 6 days I will have had this intermittent problem.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

@ney no problem, resetting your hub and waiting will not help if you're still having line noise as you mentioned on another thread a few days ago. The noise on your line will most likely be the reason why the broadband is disconnecting and as you've tried all the checks without success I think an engineer visit is needed. 

The Mod team are very busy at the moment so if you don't mind waiting please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to organise this for you, alternatively the helpdesk can also arrange that.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

BT help desk phoned me earlier this evening and said they could not find a fault with my line but after another sort of test they said it shows that there could be a BT wholesale fault and they are going to raise a fault with them so they can look in to it and will phone me back in a day or two with an update.

The fant crackle on my line don't seem to be as bad as it was last week and you now only hear the very fant crackle if you have been on the phone for more then 2 mins.

It will be coming up to almost a week since I started getting intermittent problems with my Infinity.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I recommend you raise the issue with the mods by filling in the contact mods you've been given. It gets your problem into their queue and they'll respond as soon as it gets to the top of the pile.

If in the meantime your issue is resolved then just post back here saying so and no harm done. The mods will see your post and cancel your request.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Helpdesk have now made me an appointment for an engineer to come out and look at my broadband on Tuesday 23rd February between 1pm-6pm but I may need to change it there now maybe knowone in the house till after 2pm.I have not had any email or text from BT to confirm the appointment and can't see the appointment listed on track my faults.
Any ideas how to go about this.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Call up and speak to the faults department.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Openreach engenier finally came out yesterday afternnon and after a few tests on line and broadband test. He said there could be a intermittent fault with the while Openreach modem box. So he replaced it did another test and all now seems to be working fine again. He was in house about 30mins or so.

Guy also said that they dont do Openreach modems anymore and that once the run out of spare ones they would have to replace my Home Hub 3 for a 5.

when I asked him if the Hub 5 was better all he said was that I was better of with the Home Hub 3 that I have.

He did say that on average the Openreach modem seems to have to be replaced every 18 months or so but the new ones are better than the orginal one that first came out as the changed makes of it.

He said if I get anymore problemsin the next month or two my Home Hub 3 could be playing up.

4 times I had to phone the BT helpdesk and one of the times I thought the guy on the other end was not very helpful at all.

Plus they phoned me back one evening.

Darren

0 Ratings