cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution
another line would not necessarily put you on a different cabinet
0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 12 of 26

Go to solution

@Nohoper wrote:

On an slightly different track, Ive always been led to believe the chances of being moved to different cabinets is like Zero, is this the case or is it more a case of there would be large charges if new wiring had to be run.  To be honest depending on just how much it might be i would consider paying, but its hard to get any information.

Gary

Hi Gary,

Since you suggest you might be prepared to spend to increase your speed have you considered bonding multiple lines ? 

See here for info :-http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/2014/bonding-three-four-ADSL-connections

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Nohoper
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Go to solution

seems to have been stable for a while now so this is what i'm getting, Still not what we used to get here speed wise, But stable, so somethings changed regarding the sync speed/ip profile, But if it would stay like this that would something.

From what i understand for our line loss of circa 62db we should see around the 2Mb synch, which is in fact wat we used to get here, but not anymore.  I cant say if thats due to the current adsl router (Asus DSL N55U) or not but sadly our old Business hub which was awesome died  post lightning strike some time ago.

Time will tell how the line stability goes

Bonding is something i do want to research further, tho from previous engineers comments i dont think there are spare pairs in the cable that runs out here so costs might be high.

Hi John, yeah the cabinet thing is some of the issue i have trying to decide what to do, I understand BT would naturally want the most cost effective connection route and that theres no gaurantees what cab i would be connected to on a new line  nor what the quality of any such connection might be, and given we still seem to be dealing with the attitude that Broadband is a 'Bonus' and not subject to any form of contractual QOS its a tough call to make

From the Router

ADSL Uptime

9days 10hours 19minutes 5seconds

Modulation : G.Dmt
Annex Mode : Annex A/L
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 37279333
Lan Rx : 27804381
ADSL Tx : 11722362
ADSL Rx : 16233611
CRC Down : 3
CRC Up : 2340
FEC Down : 3
FEC Up : 0
HEC Down : 2360
HEC Up : 4
SNR Up : 12.0
SNR Down : 6.5
Line Attenuation Up : 31.5
Line Attenuation Down : 63.5
Data Rate Up : 448
Data Rate Down : 1504

BT Speedtest

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1.26 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.4 Mbps-2 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :1.5 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 1.25 Mbps

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 26

Go to solution

You now appear to have a stable connection with a 1.5mb connection speed which is what the checker estimated for your line.  I can't see where you will get anymore speed as noise margin is now normal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Nohoper
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

Go to solution

Hi Imjolly,  

To be honest if it stays like this i'll be pleased. Not happy as obviously Its not stunning. But i am left wondering why now the synch at a stable low SNR and the same line loss as historically, we're not seeing a higher speed, as this was what we used to get .

Ive got a ton of old stats from the bt speed tester and adsl router, that would support my belief there should be more avaliable, i just dont dont know why its not there now, BUT like i said  if this is a stable 1.5 then i'd take that anyday over an unstable 2.

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 26

Go to solution

As I said I think you now have a stable connection and like you give me stable and slightly lower connection speed over higher speed but unstable conenction

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Nohoper
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

now even less than....Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution

Hi Gang,

Well it was stable, i went away with work last monday and arrived home today to this

ADSL Uptime

2days 20hours 4minutes 44seconds

Modulation : G.Dmt

Annex Mode : Annex A/L

Line State : up

Lan Tx : 68724601

Lan Rx : 47282823

ADSL Tx : 2335007

ADSL Rx : 4150337

CRC Down : 10

CRC Up : 7457

FEC Down : 22

FEC Up : 0

HEC Down : 4805

HEC Up : 11

SNR Up : 13.0

SNR Down : 12.5

Line Attenuation Up : 31.5

Line Attenuation Down : 63.5

Data Rate Up : 448

Data Rate Down : 768

FAQ

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed

1. 44 Mbps

0 Mbps

0.5 Mbps Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.44 Mbps  For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.  Additional Information:  Your DSL Connection Rate :0.77 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)  IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

Quiet line is well, quiet to say the least, uptime of only 2 days there so something happened but no idea what and now its back to sucks ville and more waiting for SuckSlam to decide its actually stable again until oh yes untill its not stable again.

Gary

Edited bit,

Just noticed this on the router

System TimeUptime

27days 9hours 37minutes 13seconds

So i guess that at least rules out  power outages at our end

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 26

Re: now even less than....Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution
Stats show 2 days not 27 days so connection dropped at least once and possibly more

0 Ratings
Nohoper
Contributor
Message 19 of 26

Re: now even less than....Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution

Hiya, yeah connection uptime is only 2 and a bit days,

> uptime of only 2 days there so something happened >

the 27 days was from the router status page so that is just router power on time all i meant by that like i said was that it wast power cuts or anything during the crappy weather out here, it was a line issue.

Talked to the neighbour and it rained alot about that time which would fit with the usual scenario that no one wants to fix. If i'd been home then i might have been able to line check at the time but thats a moot point.

Gary

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 26

Go to solution
you need to try the quiet line test when it is raining if noisy then report it as a voice fault that may get the line replaced
0 Ratings