cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: now even less than....Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution

hi john and imjolly,

todays snapshot,

ADSL Uptime

5days 10hours 53minutes 31seconds

Modulation : G.Dmt
Annex Mode : Annex A/L
Line State : up
Lan Tx : 71163291
Lan Rx : 49060262
ADSL Tx : 4021006
ADSL Rx : 6269131
CRC Down : 20
CRC Up : 10428
FEC Down : 34
FEC Up : 0
HEC Down : 7846
HEC Up : 252
SNR Up : 13.0
SNR Down : 14.0
Line Attenuation Up : 31.5
Line Attenuation Down : 63.5
Data Rate Up : 448
Data Rate Down : 768

1. Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
 0.42 Mbps

0 Mbps0.5 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.42 Mbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :0.77 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps

The never ending cycle of brief intermittant noise then **bleep** connection for days continues. On the upside they developed an even faster connection for people upto 60 meters ! yeah baby lets invest in that.

Gary

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Re: now even less than....Re: Getting half what we used to, cant figure out why.

Go to solution

now your connection is stable again see if mods will reset your noise margin back to normal and give you a bit more conenction speed 

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 23 of 26

Go to solution

Hi Nohoper,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 26

Go to solution
Thanks PaddyB, sent the email.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

Go to solution
Hi,
Well the SNR dropped to 6.5, not sure if that was PaddyB or not , synched at 1.6 so still lower than historically but much better.

Doesnt actually mean i got any work done tho tonight as the stupid DSLAM has me capped

Download speedachieved during the test was - 0.43 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 0.05 Mbps-0.5 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :1.6 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.45 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 0.5 Mbps
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 26

Go to solution

I think it is more likely to be the automatic system that made the change as mods have a lot of referrals so will take a few days to get back to you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings