Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 13

Getting into Maintenance Mode on a G4 - BT Humax T2100

Despite religiously following the instructions here for the T2100: -

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...

..... It wont enter Maint mode .....

can anybody comment as to the accuracy of the instructions please ?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Getting into Maintenance Mode on a G4 - BT Humax T2100

@speedtrip Are you looking to factory reset your Youview box? If so check out this link for more info on how to do this with a BT provided box.

reset my YouView box from BT?

Let me know if this helps?

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 13

No, I dont want to full reset - hence quoting the instructions for how to enter Maint Mode !

No matter how long I hold the down key on top of the G4, it wont flash a blue light then enter Maint Mode ..... just wondered if anybody could comment on that link I showed as to whether its quoting wrong button to depress or summat !?

[Actually I just want to do a 'Software reset' to see if that will kickstart the box into downloading Rel. 22.17 ... which is still not being offered after 3 weeks.]

Ta for looking Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 13

@speedtrip oh I see, as far as I am aware its a phased roll out so your box may not have been selected for the update yet.

I've found this guide on BT.com/help that might be what you're looking for.

1. Go to 'Settings' then 'Network & Internet'. If the 'Wired Connection' is set to 'AUTO' and the 'Network Connection Status' is showing 'DISCONNECTED', you need to try to reconnect
  2. Do this by selecting Wired Connection from the menu, select NEXT and press the OK button
  3. Once your box is showing as 'CONNECTED', you can now force the update
  4. In 'Settings', scroll along to 'Device Management' then select Software Update to get any available updates.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 13

Thx Neil, but no issues with Internet connection .... and I have tried a 'forced update' a few times now ...

So how does a 'Phased Rollout' work ... what are the criteria for a box becoming a candidate, day by day ?

3 weeks seems a long time ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 13

@speedtrip wrote:

Despite religiously following the instructions here for the T2100: -

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/How-do-I-perform-a-maintenance-mode-recovery-13...

..... It wont enter Maint mode .....

can anybody comment as to the accuracy of the instructions please ?

Yes following the instructions for the T2100 does allow you to opt for maintenance mode reset.

Are you seeing the

Enter Maintenance Mode Y/N (Y:POWER) prompt

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 13

Nope - hence posting this thread ! Noticed that some models use the Remote for the initial part - the 'Down' key for 5 secs, whereas the T2100 says use the box buttons .... might try the Remote this evening ...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

If you are not seeing the prompt it is probably either the timing of when you are pressing the Down key or you may be accidently also pressing the other arrow keys which are either side of the Down key.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 13

@zulu17 wrote:

If you are not seeing the prompt it is probably either the timing of when you are pressing the Down key or you may be accidently also pressing the other arrow keys which are either side of the Down key.

Even my fingers aint fat enough to span across to the other arrow keys (its a rocker switch anyway) !

http://media.gizmodo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/DSCF4877.jpg

I'll soldier on - thanks for your help ....

Interestingly, when I powered up the G4 last night, it had lost the ISP config number (233) and thus all the IP channels - a forced update restored it ... but it remained on Level 21.50.50

Ho hum ...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 13

@speedtrip wrote:

Thx Neil, but no issues with Internet connection .... and I have tried a 'forced update' a few times now ...

So how does a 'Phased Rollout' work ... what are the criteria for a box becoming a candidate, day by day ?

3 weeks seems a long time ?

@NeilO - you didnt get back to me - and its now over 4 weeks since Rel 22.17 was announced - any insight on how a box is selected to be part of the 'Phased Rollout' - daily / weekly / monthly allocation ? Thanks in anticipation ....... PS. This post is directed at NeilO, so unless you can answer the specific question, I'd prefer to wait thx ....
0 Ratings