Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Getting two XBox's to connect to Live on Homehub 2.0

Go to solution

Hi I wonder if anyone can help?

I have set up the port forwarding for one Xbox and that works fine. The other gets the NAT Strict warning and wont connect to Live. I have even set that one to be in the DMZ but it still wont connect to Live with the other one on. 😕

Can anyone come up with suggestions please? Would it work if I use a different Router????

Cheers all.

G

If you can't beat them, firkhamhall.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Getting two XBox's to connect to Live on Homehub 2.0

Go to solution

Hi,

Not all the hubs can do this in fact not many routers can regardless of what is posted elsewhere, any way the

Bt Homehub 2.0 wireless N version (firmware 8.1.A.E Type A Onwards) can have two 360s.  Cast your eyes over this site-

http://www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/faqs/63-two-xboxes-using-one-router-internet-connection

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for that information, very useful.

It worked fine on the old BT HomeHub. It says I can buy one of these routers and get them both working but, does anyone at BT Know if the Infinity will allow them to work together??

Thanks again

G

0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

With regards to Infinity perhaps best asked in their forum, as we here are full copper linesSmiley Sad

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Well I created an application for one Xbox, not using the XBox Live application that is in the router and, put the other Xbox into the DMZ and, hey presto! Both boxes will now operate and have open NAT sessions. Result!

Talking to someone from BT Support and, despite the language barrier, I am sure he said that the new router for Infinity does allow full UPnP and NAT access and alteration so will allow both to work

Next Wednesday I am due to de-copper 🙂 Will be sure to let you all know how it goes 🙂

Cheers again for the answers

G

0 Ratings