Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Gigabit routers compatible with UMA

Go to solution

On the assumption I do eventually upgrade to Infinity (see other recent posts) I need two things.  Gigabit ethernet and UMA compatibility.  I understand HH3 has only one gigabit port.  So how does that work with a gigabit ethernet connection to the HH3 from a PC and then to a gigabit NAS or other device.  Surely that needs two?  Have I missed something?  Also my present router nicely reboots everytime I attempt a UMA call.

So my question is can you recommend an alternative to HH3 that has at least two GB ports and is known to work with UMA?  Presently a Blackberry Torch 9800.  Alternatively if the HH3 can run a GB connection between PC and device 2, plus works with UMA can you confirm (despite the apparent lack of wall mount capability and the appearance, to me, of a plastic toy rather than a piece of technology Smiley Wink) as it would save me buying a new one.  Cheers in advance!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Gigabit routers compatible with UMA

Go to solution
HH3 is UMA compatable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
In respect of GB port, its a bit pointless really as it only has one. This will come in handy when FTTP exceeds 100mbps, other than that, i would just purchase a GB switch. I have a netgear unmanaged 8 port GB hub, it has always worked faultlessly, and its cheaper than investing in a router thats got more than one GB port!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Same, just get a 1gb switch, also using a 8 port net gear, they are not expensive
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
I'm pretty sure my netgear 3700 works with UMA. It also has 4 GigE ports.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks to everyone who replied so quickly.  It is much appreciated and wish I could have marked all as accepted solution.  I had not thought about the GB switch and that is a good idea.  I do not believe the HH3 can  be easily wall mounted which may end up being the reason for changing router.  Nevertheless a big help!