cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 21

Gigabit speeds hh5

Go to solution
Is there a setting or something in the hh5 that might be stopping me getting gigabit transfer speeds over lan? Im using all the right cables and switches but cant for the life of me get the faster transfer speeds. Best i can get is 11MB/s which suggests its only doing 100mbps
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 21

Re: Gigabit speeds hh5

Go to solution

There is no switch to go from 100mb to 1gb. Are you sure your devices all have 1gb network cards

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 21

Go to solution
Sorry you misunderstand. I have gigabit ethernet switches. Both cards are gigabit. All cables are either cat5e or cat6
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

You misunderstood. There is no switch setting in the hh

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

I can only guess that something in the network has auto-negotiated the speed down to 100M.  That might be because the cabling isn't good enough for 1G, or perhaps it's just a subtle incompatibility between two bits of hardware.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
Imjolly i dont think i said anything about a switch on the hh? I said im using all the correct switches and cables IE they are gigabit capable. Ectophile thats my thinking too. I may need to replace them all with decent cat 6. At least ill know then that they are all decent and capable. Like i say both pc's are gigabit network cards and show as being connected at 1gbps. Its annoying more than anything
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution
" Is there a setting or something in the hh5 that might be stopping me getting gigabit transfer speeds over lan?"

could be easily be mistaken for asking about any form of switch setting
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
I guess. Bit off topic but i thought he confused where i said that "im using all the right cables and switches" seeing as i used the word switches. I dont think any less of him for confusing my post. I just wanted to make sure i got the facts across. Its easy to mis interperit on the internet. I just assumed he or anyone else would know im not daft enough to think theres a little on/off switch to turn off gigabit lan. I was merely wondering if there was a setting that was holding back the speed. You never know with the bt hubs. With glitches etc...i still think you're THE MAN imjolly 😉
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution
are the switches managed or unmanaged ones
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution
Unmanaged. Netgear gs105's