cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

Given no choice by snotty foreign call center

I decieded to join because it seems people on here make more sense than the people manning the phones! Firstly i cannot stand bt and cannot wait to leave them after my contract ends in nov this year.

But in the meantime i have yet anther problem with them.........I have always paid my bills quarterly, i only have line rental from them, i couldnt even think of giving them much more responsibility than that!!

I recently moved house last nov, and received my first bill on 3rd dec. I paid over the phone but as i was having trouble with the auto service it put me through to customer services - it was the one time i got to speak to a lovely lady based in the uk, she took my payment and we had a chat and she mentioned my next one isnt until march.

So on dec 18th i received a bill from bt.........i ignored it because i had already paid ( and my next one wasnt until march) ...just after xmas my phone was restricted, i rang to see why.

Because i hadnt paid my bill!! I questioned it and the snotty guy in a far away land told me i had been put on ,monthly billing (which i havent asked for!!) and i will get late payment fee, and reconnection fee and whatever else!!

He informed me i should pay my bills on time!!! so not to get restriction!!

I explained i always pay quarterly, the lady before said next bill march, i dont want monthly.........but he said nothing he could do!!

Ok so i paid out £30 for a month! and i recieved my next one due on 22nd jan for £38!!

BT certainly have a way of doing you over...and using joeys to do it.

End of story, i want my quarterly bills back!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 2 of 4

Re: Given no choice by snotty foreign call center

Hi Pammij,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the problems you've been having with your account.

The Live Chat team will be able to get this sorted for you (the link to the chat queue is in the "Bills & Call Packages" forum homepage).

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks............its pretty difficult to chat to an advisor when im at work all day. I dont get home until after 6pm.

Why is it most companies nowadays seem to think they are the only ones working and us mere bill payers all sit at home, with all day spare!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Hi Pammij,

If you drop me an email with your BT account details and a link to this thread, I will look into this for you. My email address can be found by clicking on my profile.

Thanks

Paddy,

0 Ratings