cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 36

Re: Gobsmacked. Lost bbc HD channels. BT switched off for non infinity customers...

maybe try a factory reset and re-tune and see if it offers you different options for areas during the first tune up...

Old Welsh Dragon has said much better than I did what I was trying to get at when asking about the region...

also maybe try swapping some leads (the fly lead and the hdmi lead and the port in the TV it goes into)

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 32 of 36

Re: Gobsmacked. Lost bbc HD channels. BT switched off for non infinity customers...

The question I would pose is 

How do you know that the Youview box is tuning in to the the transmitter you think it is ?

If I put a Tunbridge Wells postcode into the ukfree.tv website it lists 3 potential transmitters Reigate, Bluebell Hill and Tunbridge Wells.

I don't know the answer only a feeling from following threads over ther past year or so  that Youview doesn't always handle Transmitter selection very well

0 Ratings
KeithW
Beginner
Message 33 of 36

I cannot confirm for certain ( assumed from map coverage and aerial direction that it would most likely be from there) but just checking now( http://www.ukfree.tv/) , I see we are also in line for Heathfield which is a much bigger Mast (more powerful too) , but this also Transmits the HD channels on C47 etc. Since we are int he "green" coverage for both masts - I don't know which would "win" or be the locked on candidate - how would that work ?
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 36

I could only work out from the areas given at the end of the tuning phase (but the names are areas not masts so it still takes some working out).

The regional channels on BBC1 (xxxxx) in the listing should give you a clue and you can also look to see if thier are any other BBC variants listed in the 900 range at the end of the epg.

0 Ratings
MartinSW
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 36

Try using an in-door aerial - it's less likely to pick up the wrong transmitter and gives you a result you can compare and test against. 

0 Ratings
antonyfrn
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 36

Hi I had something like this when I got my youview box back in December the issue turned out to be with the Ariel the amp or splitter (cant think of the correct name) on the Ariel was causing the problem. So I just disconnected it used a T-plug joiner to connect it to the lead now get all OTA channels in HD also this Ariel is connected to a normal freeview HD box in another bed room upstairs.
0 Ratings