cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Going around in circles.......

I have a problem that just keeps going round in a loop. I've been round it three times now and I just can't get a solution even though I know what has caused the fault and have explained it endlessly to the 'help desk' in India. They test the line, then send out an OpenReach Engineer who confirms that there is no problem with our equipment and wiring and hands it back to the call centre who can't seem to do anything more. It all started when I asked to have the anonymous caller reject feature added to our service. Whoever set this up reset all the parameters for our lines which have a BT Versatility system at our end and left us with no call minder, a service that we are still paying for and is vital to us as we are a parish office and we need to know who is on the other end before we accept a call. Now I can't find any way of escalating this as we have been struggling to get it sorted since April 8th when the fault appeared. Does anyone know how I can get hold of someone outside of this loop I'm in to intervene?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Going around in circles.......

If this is a business line I think you need to post in the business forums.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I have one business line and one residential line due to the nature of a parish office so I think I'm in the right place, thanks. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 8

R.e: Going around in circles......

Is ANYONE out there or is the material in this forum just floating out into space........?????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 8

Re: R.e: Going around in circles......

Hi OfficeAngels

Send us an email using the contact us url in my profile. This web address will link you to a form to fill out which will ask you for the necessary information needed to help with this problem

Thanks

Stuart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Re: R.e: Going around in circles......

Thanks for your response Stuart. I'm not holding my breath though - I submitted an email complaint last week, had an automated reply with all the same stuff in it as we've had before and NO follow up. If this one bears no proper response in a week I'm going to write a HUGE rant to the The Sunday Times................

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Message 7 of 8

Hi OfficeAngels,

Thanks for the email.

One of the numbers you've given me is registered as a business, so I'll forward your details to our BT Business team and they'll be able to take a look at this.

I'll check your other line now (the one that's coming up as residential) and get back to you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Hi, thanks for the response but I'm still going round in circles. All the information needed is posted in the desperate rant at the head of this thread (apart from the fact that it was the residential line that the problem was introduced on). You don't need to test the line.......just get someone who understands what parameters need to be set to accommodate a BT Versatility system on the end so we can have back our Call Minder service PLEASE!!!!

0 Ratings