cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrqwerty123456
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Going to Norway, need to buy roaming data.

Hey

I need to buy romaing data, on the link BT MOBILE HELP SECTION  it says its Europe* Data Additional data bundles are available for the following one-off charges Europe Data Bundle Monthly Charge 20MB £2.00 100MB £10.00. Where do I buy this????

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: Going to Norway, need to buy roaming data.

Click "Manage my BT Mobile extras" at the top of this link.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
mrqwerty123456
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

ok I did what you said, it took me to my bill... then I clicked manage my mobile then clicked buy addon and then it took me to a page that doesnt work, good job BT!

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 7

Doesn't sound good. Try ringing 150 and say "roaming on a BT mobile" when prompted. If that doesn't get you to a sales agent please post back here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
DaveJFT
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Or wait until you get to Norway. When you get to Norway and start using data BT will immediately send you a SMS text offering you the chance to buy these data bundles by simply replying "20" or "100". Job done.

This is how the system worked for me when I was in Spain last week. I then also received further SMS texts as I was getting close to the end of my bundle so that I could add another data bundle if I wanted by sending another text.

benwiddowson
Expert
Message 6 of 7

I wish they would make their data packages more competitive especially within the EU
0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 7

@benwiddowson wrote:
I wish they would make their data packages more competitive especially within the EU

The EU cap is to be reduced by 75% (to 5¢ per MB) next April and your UK package will extend to the EU from 15 June 2017. So only a few more hols to go.

--
0 Ratings