cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Good Smart Hub 6 - But how do I turn off bt fon?

Go to solution

So far I'm liking the smart hub. Its a big improvement on HH4 that I had years ago.

But my question is how do I turn off bt fone wifi? it says its active and their is a button that takes me to this address http://www.btwifi.co.uk/ But when I try and sign in with mybt details it doesnt recognise me.

I remember when I had the HH4 years ago I had to turn it off in the extras at mybt. it's still set to off. Do you think it'll eventually turn it off on the hub? I remember turning it off back then there was a delay.

Otherwise, how do I sign in to that btwifi site?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Good Smart Hub 6 - But how do I turn off bt fon?

Go to solution

In theory you login to https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon with your primary email address and password but many people have problems doing so. BT seem to have trouble synchronising passwords across their various platforms.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off?

Go to solution

I'm trying to turn the BT WIFI Hotspot off from my smart hub 6.

On the smart hub page is says its Active, and I can see the network open and unsecured if I scan for wifi networks on my phone.

In MyBT extras page I have BT WIFI set to Inactive.

On the smart hub page next to where it says Active there is a button that takes me to a website called http://www.btwifi.co.uk/

When I try to login to this website, as a BT Broadband customer my email/password I use for MyBT isn't recognised. Someone mentioned about using a btinternet email address, so I created one and then tried to use that. Same result.

After the failed login attempt I called the BT Wi-fi helpdesk on 0800 022 33 22. Though the guy was civil, he struggled to understand what was being asked. The result of the call was that he was going to send me a guide for the smart hub Smiley Frustrated

I'm sure a lot of people must be in the situation I'm in. I'd appreciate some help from a Mod if any are around?

PS. I did try to find the option to open up my last thread on this, or remove the resolution. But I couldnt find it, so had to make this thread.

I'm going to give BT themselves a call soon. I'll keep the thread updated and hopefully get a resolution for anyone else in a similar situation.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Re: How to turn BT Fon/WIFI off?

Go to solution

You just need to 'Reply' on the thread to continue it and de-select solved in the drop down list to remove the solved tick.

Hopefully one of the mods will be along to take a look.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Bowdon  Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@NeilOI seem to have managed to disactive it.

Yesterday I went to MyBT extras page and turned the BT WiFi on (I had it turned off). I did this by accident. So I turned it back off again.

Today when I woke up on the smart hub it now says Not Active. I've checked my phone wifi scanning and can no longer see it as a network. So it looks like my turning the BT WiFi on and off in the extras fixed it.

Thank you for wanting to help. Its good to know we got some good people on the forum Smiley Happy

0 Ratings