cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

Good ole BT again...

BT is stopping football on ITV player - I have my desktop on BT Internet (no football) and my laptop on a neighbours who is not BT and is working fine...have said it before, have said it again - BT are **bleep**.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: Good ole BT again...

@dash201 wrote:

BT is stopping football on ITV player - I have my desktop on BT Internet (no football) and my laptop on a neighbours who is not BT and is working fine...have said it before, have said it again - BT are **bleep**.

Hi dash,

I do not know what you mean by the above and where did you get this info I don't understand from? But your laptop is working fine? Sorry, I don't understand...

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Ok. I wanted to watch Norway v England on ITV Player.

I have a desktop PC and a laptop. The PC was connected directly to the homehub using BT internet. The football would not work. Other websites did work so the connection was working. As was BT Vision.

The laptop was connected to my next door neighbour's. They do not use BT internet. The football worked without a problem.

What does that tell you? It tells me that ITV Player was not at fault. My computer was not at fault. I have used ITV Player before today without fault during off peak times.

I think the problem here is that BT decide that the fair usage comes in to play. I have had the same before with BBC iPlayer and LoveFilm. It is a problem with live streaming.

BT need to address this.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 23

Perhaps you need to check if you are on a limited contract or unlimited?

If the latter you would have a cause for complaint but you haven't stated what service you are on.

BTW BT Vision would be unaffected no matter which contract you have.

0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 23

Why would it matter which contract I have? Fair usage policy still applies to all. I have a 40GB usage. I don't think you can tell me that the contract matters as BT are quite happy to let me go over. That should be my choice right? I pay for it, so I decide.

BT claim not to traffic shape or choke connections. I am adamant that they do.

And the reason I mentioned BT Vision was working was to show that the internet was capable of speeds sufficient to stream the football.

0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Anyways, mark this as resolved or whatever. I am leaving Blighty soon enough and getting rid of BT for good.

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 7 of 23

Does anyone else understand the question here?

0 Ratings
dash201
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

There was no question. It was an observation. Really? Is it that complicated?

0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 9 of 23

Well you have an observation but not sure how you reached your conclusion.
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 23

The sample size is far to small to reach a balanced conclusion.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings