cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uhaa008
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Google Chrome Cast Audio Preview Programme - alert & BEWARE

I have a Chromecast Audio, connecting to my Home Hub 4 (also done this with Home Hub 5 with identical results).  I enabled the 'Preview Progamme' which allows you try the next version of the firmware.  When setting up the new firmware I discovered my Home Hub had crashed and could only recover a broadband connection by power cycling.  I can't apparently do anything to recover the Chromecast which is stuck in the new setup process.  

No disaster as I have a spare chrome cast audio which I set up routinely (but on the standard firmware - 1.20.66189).  

So, unless someone can point me at a work around - Don't enable the Preview Programme on your Chrome cast Audio devices if connected to those routers.

Advice welcome 

David

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
hambalapa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Google Chrome Cast Audio Preview Programme - alert & BEWARE 1.21.72444

If you have a Gmail account you can see the correspondence on this at:-

https://groups.google.com/a/googleproductforums.com/d/msgid/chromecast/6326b42a-f6d2-4505-a058-c321e....

In my view there should be a high level alert to all BT/Openreach support staff on this matter, especially the field engineers. It is worrying when a wireless connected device cases the router/hub to reboot.

The problem does not occur with the new BT Smart Hub - I upgraded for around £60 with postage, and my hdmi chromecasts and my chromecast audios work fine now.

The firmware with the problem is 1.21.72444

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Google Chrome Cast Audio Preview Programme - alert & BEWARE 1.21.72444

wireless problems are nothing to do with Openreach field staff as there remit ends at the master phone socket and the phone/broadband network no provider will get involved with third party wireless products
0 Ratings