cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 23

Got Infinity 2 on 3rd Sept still very slow

Got Infinity 2 on 3rd Sept, sub contractor cocked up , had Openreach in they have fixed phone line, been on phone to BT lady she suggested switch off all other devices and connect via ethernet cable to get a decent speed!

isn't that defeating the object, I mean why don't they reccomend you pitch a tent next to the BT cabinet and connect directly in there

why isn't this plug and go?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Message 2 of 23

Re: Got Infinity 2 on 3rd Sept still very slow

i should say am using the BT infinity homehub they sent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 23

if there is a UK based tech number that BT have I can ring then please share it as I can't see anything on the website

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 23

there is no uk CS number just the standard

can you got hub manager the troubeshooting then helpdesk and post stats 1-12.  run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results

btspeedtester

enter your phone number and post results remember to delete number  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 23

ok will give that a go, apparently BT have widespread problems today anyhow

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 23

oh wow! not sure whether I should be doing any of that stuff, what could possibly be wrong ?  i have a very new Sony laptop which is very fast, a home hub that BT sent and the fastest (allegedly) connection that BT do, how can it be wrong

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 23

@bringbackdialup wrote:

oh wow! not sure whether I should be doing any of that stuff, what could possibly be wrong ?  i have a very new Sony laptop which is very fast, a home hub that BT sent and the fastest (allegedly) connection that BT do, how can it be wrong

It's very hard to make a comment unless we know what speed you are getting and what speed you are supposed to have. It would be helpful if you did what imjolly has sugested. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 23

No ISP guarantees wireless speeds or connections due to external interference sources BT will only accept speed problems if carried out with a wired connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 23

can't BT have tech guys who log in to your router, BT Infinity 2 is now looking a very expensive waste of time, do the BT ads show everyone with connecting ethernet cables into the hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 23

@bringbackdialup wrote:

can't BT have tech guys who log in to your router, BT Infinity 2 is now looking a very expensive waste of time, do the BT ads show everyone with connecting ethernet cables into the hub?

It will only be an expensive waste of time if you are not prepared to try and get the issue resolved.

There are plenty of people on this forum who may be able to help you, but you need to give them help in order so they can help you

0 Ratings