cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 11 of 14

Re: Gradually lose speed every day from 74mb to 2mb

Hi @theviewer1985,

How are things with your connection? BT Wholesale are reporting that the fault has been resolved. If you are still experiencing the slow down, please can you run the BT Speed test using the link http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/, you'll need to run the "Further Diagnostics" once the first test completes.

Once you've run that test, please post back the results.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
theviewer1985
Contributor
Message 12 of 14

Hi @PaddyB

Yep.. as expected it is working fine now since the work in the exchange. I hope it stays this way now forever more, I know i will be running speed tests most nights now out of fear that it'll drop again 😄

Thanks very much Paddy - i wish i knew about this forum 6 weeks ago.

Now I need to speak to complaints or something regarding the compensation. I will ring up BT now to see where I get... but if your the one handling this also, feel free to call me whenever 🙂

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 13 of 14

Hi @theviewer1985,

I'm glad to hear that the connection has improved. I gave your mobile a quick ring, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you today.

I'll give you a call tomorrow evening to discuss the remainder of your complaint.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
theviewer1985
Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Hey @PaddyB

Is there any chance you can call again, I missed the phone call by half a second.

Unfortunetly last night my speed dropped too 39mb (which I have ran a test on and updated your server with)

Also the night before last, I was streaming a playstation game and it randomly started to pick up a poor connection and very nearly cut out. It fixed itself after 5 minutes and I just chose to ignore it - i didnt run a speed test during that moment, but the poor connection symbol only shows on playstation if the connection drops below 5mb.

Overall, everything has improved still... but there must still be some congestion.

0 Ratings