Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
worldwidewebs
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

HD Sport Channels Not Working

Go to solution
Until recently the normal sport and the HD sport channels were working fine. Now, the HD ones have no signal. There's no message or anything, just a blank screen. Normal non-sport HD channels are working fine (as far as I know), it's just the sport ones that I have an issue with.

I've tried re-tuning but that hasn't made a difference. I have a YouView+ box. Anyone got any ideas?
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: HD Sport Channels Not Working

Go to solution

When you say that other HD channels are working fine do you mean multicast 'bTV' ones coming over the Infinity broadband connection, or Freeview HD ones coming over the TV aerial.

If other multicast ones are working ok then it might just be a problem with your account entitlements. BT may have accidentally removed the BT Sport HD entitlement. Though in that case I would have expected that you'd get a message telling you that you need to subscribe?

On a BT Vision+ box you can easily check your entitlements via the menus. I'm not sure if there is a way to do this on a BT Youview+ box.

0 Ratings
worldwidewebs
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

to be honest, I don't know which channels from from where!

I can get BBC HD for example but I don't know what the multicast ones are to be able to check.

I have tried again this eveving and left it "hanging" for a couple of mins and I eventually got a IPC6011 error message. If I click OK I then get the message "Extra TV Channels from BT - There's a problem showing this channel"

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

On a BT Youview+ box the following HD channels come over the TV aerial,

73-74, 101-108

and the rest of the HD channels come over the Infinity broadband connection,

446-453, 472-474, 510-512, 521-522

Basically all the SD/HD channels in the range 400-599 are multicast channels and come over the Infinity broadband.

I believe the BT Youview+ box indicates broadband multicast channels by three dots under the channel number?

See, 

http://www.a516digital.com/p/freeview-youview-channel-listing.html

0 Ratings
worldwidewebs
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the info.

Tried everything I could at this end but still couldn't get it to work. Phoned BT and spent an hour on the phone - went through all the same things yet still no joy. However, he "ran some tests" and now my internet keeps dropping every time I access 510 or 511 - it seems as though it won't restart until I move away from either of those 2 channels, but I can't be 100% sure on that. 

So now I've got them monitoring the line and I've got to hang around the house for another few hours. And I've got an engineer coming out on Tuesday.

I've had so many problems with this BT TV equipment and Infinity (it's not as though it's that fast) that I doubt I'll be renewing come May. A decent PVR, freeview and non-BT internet is the way forward I think. Totally fed up with this - got so many other things I'd rather be doing. 😞

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

How is the BT Youview+ box connected to the BT HomeHub? For the best connection a single ethernet cable should be used. Powerline adapters or wireless might not provide a stable enough connection in certain situations.

The HD multicast channels do require a bit faster speed than the SD ones so it is possible that your connection between the box and hub supports SD but fails on HD. As a rough guide an SD channel seems to require around 3Mbps and an HD channel 7.5Mbps. The box can receive two channels at once. A 15+Mbps Infinity connection should be fast enough. Of course the dropping of channels 510 and 511 might be nothing to do with your set up and caused by BT external equipment.

I assume you've tried the obvious things that this error code page suggests.

Have you tried a maintenance mode reset of the BT Youview+ box which can be done without losing recordings? Customers on the BT Youview+ forum can give more advice on that (I only have the older BT Vision+ box).

Hopefully BT will be able to give you some useful information after monitoring your line and get to the bottom of the problems.

You say you have had problems with BT Infinity. Just be aware that BT OpenReach provide the underlying Fibre To The Cabinet (FTTC) system and this is resold through BT Wholesale to many different ISP's including BT Retail. So if you change ISP and pay for fibre broadband you will probably still be using exactly the same underlying BT OpenReach system. You might even get a visit from the same OpenReach engineer. Smiley Happy So bearing that in mind it is best to try and get BT to sort it out for free if it is faulty. Once working well it should work well for all ISP's. There are lots of very knowledgeable customers on the BT Infinity forum if you want any advice on that.

worldwidewebs
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi umpire - thanks again for the reply, much appreciated.

Regarding the speed - we have infinity and the box is connected by the BT-supplied powerline adapter. However, I have connected it via an ethernet cable and it doesn't make a difference. Also, it has worked in the recent past conneced to the poweline.

What I have seemed to notice is that if I navigate to 510, then 511 (until I get the IPC code) and then go to another channel, say 101, then the whole box freezes. The picture/sound are ok (on 101) but the menu doesn't disappear, the box doesn't respond to the remote and the box doesn't respond to pressing the round button on the front.

The OH is watching the tv at the moment but I will try the maint. mode reset, so thanks for that. 🙂

I'll let you know how I get on...

0 Ratings
worldwidewebs
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
The maintenance mode reset worked! Many thanks for your help - really, really appreciated. Why BT couldn't have suggested this is beyond me
0 Ratings