cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

HD scroll back?

If you scroll back to a programme originally shown in HD is it still available to watch as HD or is it only available in HD when originally transmitted?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
JohnKelly
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: HD scroll back?

@robert1997 wrote:

If you scroll back to a programme originally shown in HD is it still available to watch as HD or is it only available in HD when originally transmitted?

It depends is the answer

I assume by scroll back you mean using the guide and then selecting a programme you haven't recorded. If you do that then the BBC iPlayer does have certain programmes in HD. I've not seen any of the commercial channels doing the same though.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thanks John. Thats exactly what I meant and your reply is exactly what I expected to hear. Many thanks. Would have liked to have had the option of HD if needing to "scroll back" to something I'd missed first time round.

0 Ratings
ab79
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

If you go to the settings menu on the box there is an option that selects the hd streaming automatically wherever possible. ( As mentioned above, at the minute its the BBC which only provides this I think, although don t expect quite the same quality as broadcast hd)
0 Ratings