Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sparkz
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HD

Hi,

I'm thinking of switching from Sky to BT Vision now that BT Infinity is available in my area. I was wondering if I will be able to get BBC and ITV channels, plus Sky News, in HD, or do I need to take out one of the HD packages to receive them?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: HD

BT youview uses freeview service. Look here to check what channels you can receive:http://www.freeview.co.uk/availability

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

You can rceive BBC and ITV HD channels but it depends what transmitter you are on to receive Sky News HD.

Edit: Anymore questions? Just ask 🙂

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
GarethW
Expert
Message 4 of 5

You can't get Sky News HD on BT; only BBC News HD depends upon where you live. It's an appalling station in any case.
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 5 of 5

As Gareth says. You cant get Sky News in HD on Freeview its only the SD verson of Sky News thats on CH 132.

At times I prever to watch BBC News rather then Sky News.

Also its not been called BT Vision for a good year or two now and given time the old BT Vision service and boxes will be faced out by BT. Its already not for sale to new customers.

Im on the entertanment max package and still get the full BT sports pack for free and find the G4 box to be far better than the old BT Youview box that I still use as a Freeview PVR on anther TV.

I have been with BT TV with Youview just over 22 months now.

Darren

0 Ratings