cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 30

Re: HDMI problem with Humax DTRT1000

Hi have just found this thread.  I had problems last October when my youview box which was installed in May the sound disappeared, an engineer came out and got it back again, however it has happened again this morning, have done 3 factory resets and still no sound.

Having read this thread I have taken out the hd lead and put in a scart lead and the sound is back, took out the scart lead, put the HD lead back in and the sound is still not there, obviously a problem with the HD on the box!!!

I was told by the engineer last year that if it happened again that a new box should be given./

Will one of the mods please help with this one, it is just not acceptable for this to happen when we are paying for HD.

many thanks Jules

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 22 of 30

Hi Guys,

Have you seen Stephanie's stick post on the thread - pink or blank screen after switching your box on

If you haven't do so already, please can you fill out the questionnaire for the YouView team.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 30

Latest update, my new box lasted a whole 2 days. It did not record the 2 items I had requested over the weekend and is now stuck on the nearly ready screen and wont respond to anything.
0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 30

I have left the box powered down overnight but still the same today, tried a factory reset and now have a "Boot fail. Invalid signature" message on screen.
0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 30

Have been contacted today, a new you view box to be with me on Wednesday, accept this one has a fault!  hope the new one is okay!!

0 Ratings
xbpod
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 30

Good luck Polish, my replacement lasted 2 days, now on number 3, which is into its second day, and still working!!!

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 27 of 30

Thanks, will keep you updated!!

0 Ratings
smmn11
Beginner
Message 28 of 30

Hello,

I have been having this problem for a few weeks now.  I have a YouView DTR T1000 box connected directly to an LG 32LV550T TV via HDMI and am getting a 'No signal detected' message.  As with other posters with the same problem, changing to Scart connection resolves the problem but that's obviously not an adequate solution as you don't get HD.  I have tried the suggestion of setting the resolution to 720p whilst connected with Scart and then reconnecting using the HDMI cable.  It worked for a bit but has stopped working again.  I have had the box since Feb 2014 and the TV  since early 2012.

I also tried a factory reset but to no avail.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  At present, i'm paying for an HD service that I'm not getting.

Regards,

Steven.

0 Ratings
Ziggian
Beginner
Message 29 of 30

@JMW206 wrote:

when bringing the box out of standby with get the Humax loading screen, but then the input to the TV gets lost, with either 'No signal detected' or 'This resolution is not supported' displayed by the TV.  If we don't get those messages, we instead get a purple screen.  Changing the HDMI cable doesn't fix it, nor doing a reset to factory settings.  Just to be sure we've tried the box on a newer TV with the same problem.  Therefore the box is definitely at fault, and looking on the internet it looks like a HDMI communication problem.

Yep.. exactly the same problem as above.

This is my story.

HDMI output was working fine... left the room for hour or so... came back and got blank screen... Thought the box went into standby so rebooted the box.. no signal. Manually changed to HDMI output on TV, no signal. Changed HDMI lead and connected different tv to the box via HDMI... NO SIGNAL. Connected scart to original TV and everything looked fine through the scart output apart from no HD signal... First did a factory reset, and also factory reset/update through the LAN.. Still no signal.

Am very disappointed with this box as I was expecting much more from a brand (HUMAX), as I already own two HUMAX FOX T2 boxes which I am very happy with. At first glance the FOX T2 and the DTRT1000 look exactly the same, but underneath the cover it is a completely different story!

All I can say is that this is NOT a standard HUMAX box just badged BT/ YouView. It is something less that has been created to spec to fulfil a certain requirement.

In my opinion, there is an underlying HDMI design (hardware & software) issue that is generating the fault that BT/YouView/HUMAX are not admitting too for all of the obvious reasons. I believe a software update will be a long time coming, but would be glad if someone could prove me wrong..  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
polish
Aspiring Expert
Message 30 of 30

Just to say the volume problem with the Box and HDMI lead appears to have righted itself since the new box arrived, keeping fingers crossed!! maybe you need to contact BT about a new box or as in my case an engineer came out and got it working (obviously intermittent)  and said if it happened again then the box should be replaced which it has been following my email to them, good luck I know how frustrating it is!!!

Jules

0 Ratings