cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
duncj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

HDMI switching with YV box - help?

I am now in the unfortunate position of having a TV with only one HDMI input but currently have two boxes (YouView and NowTV) that output HDMI. The one scart input is used by the DVD player and I'm aware of scart-switch problems where YV boxes are concerned too.

I bought a Duronics HDMI auto-switcher, it has three inputs and one output. I connected it up and the NowTV box displayed its bouncing logo fine. I switched on the YV box and got a pink screen. I tried unplugging the NowTV box from the mains, unplugging the HDMI lead etc. Cycling through the inputs using the manual switch - still the same pink screen, turned box on-off etc.

Has anyone managed to use a HDMI switcher and if so how or which one and if it does work, does it always work without a problem? 

For info: I have a BT supplied box (the first one they sent out, Humax ..), power set to the quicker starting one (eco-mode: Low??)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: HDMI switching with YV box - help?

I use a Thor combined HDMI/Optical switch with the YV box with no problem. Occasionally see a flash of pink when it switches then it settles down.

Does this happen if you switch first before turning on the YV box (does your auto-switcher let you manually override to do this)?

Have you re-tried plugging the HDMI lead direct into the TV as it maybe just a co-incidence this started happening when you introduced the switch?

One other thing I suggest you try is swapping the HDMI leads between the YV box and the Now TV device.

0 Ratings
duncj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Cheers for the reply gomezz. After trying various combinations of cables, manual switching, turning different boxes on at different times I gave up briefly..

Then, as a last ditch attempt, I went noseying in the YV settings and found the HDMI output setting. This was set to 1080p, I changed it to 1080i to see if that would make any difference, I wasn't expecting anything to happen - but hey presto no more pink screeen! No idea what the difference is between p&i and why one works and the other not, but it works fine now. 

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

To me that suggests the switch does not support 1080p.

0 Ratings
duncj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Indeed, although the blurb suggests otherwise: "Smart Auto Switch between up to 3 HDMI sources to a high definition display of FULL HD 1080p and higher resolutions"

0 Ratings