Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
peg_leg5125
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

HELP Can we speak to a person who understands what they are doing

Have updated this post. Please someone help.

We are trying to get through to a person prefreably in the UK to sort out a phone bill mess by shockingly BT. It amazes me that the biggest telephone company in the UK can't acctually speak to a human being on the phone.

I used to work in call centres and know how they work, outsourcing to me is just a big rip off!

My wife has spent over an hour on the phone trying to sort this out.

We made a payment of £75 and set up a monthly payment, we have a recipt via email for this, however today when we try to make an outgoing phone call we are transfeared to BT. WTF to say the least we are so angry that when you try to sort this out to either get the line back on or have my money back which in my opinionn BT have now stollen from me.

Can somebody please respomd and help with this matter.

Tags (4)
4 REPLIES 4
Higmeister
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: HELP Can we speak to a person who understands what they are doing

You will need to speak to the billing team on 0800 800 150, whether you get through to India or not they will still help you with this matter. Most Indian advisors are great at their job, but anyway we can't help on a message board only the billing team can.
0 Ratings
peg_leg5125
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Spoke to 3 people and none of whom were able to help, all sounded like they were reading frpm pre prepared scripted answers while not listening to what your saying. And when you phone that number you have given that is an automated robot who you have to practically 2nd guess to end up actually speaking to a person. 

0 Ratings
CEDAS
Message 4 of 5

Similar experience - I wanted to review my broadband and phone options since my new bill has increaded by direct debit by £21 per month.  Would be willing to stay with BT but this is not the first time I have struggled to get answers.  I DON'T WANT TO SPEAK TO INDIA.  They never have the right answers - scripted and once you go outside the script they are politely useless.

A few times recetnly have had connection problems - again impossible to find a response that is not automated (and not giving me the info I want) or from India (and not knowing the facts)

VERY VERY ANGRY AND FRUSTRATED

0 Ratings
bfg
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

It sounds to me like both of you are being affected by a similar problem, the call center people in UK and india can only go by what training and information they have infront of them.

i.e. The computer says No.

It is more than likley that the people you are speaking to see something completely diferent on their systems than what is actually going in, if you are speaking to someone who only follows their 'script' (and i have had the same experince from UK people as well as India) ask to speak to a manager or someone who will look beyond the screen infornt of them.

Or try the moderators on this forum, previous posts seem to have got a good result. Contact them and link back to this post.

Always be polite as getting angry with someone who is following a script will only frustrate you more and is likley to get your call cut off.

Goodluck

0 Ratings