Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

HELP: Moved house and recieve IPC6007 error on BT sport

Hello,

I've recently moved house and finally had BT Infinity installed yesterday. My account shows I have the BT sport and HD packages and these are working on the mobile app and PC however when trying to access them on my youview box I'm receiving the following error:

'This channel is currently unavailable. For more information and help press OK. IPC6007'

Pressing ok just tells me to call and order the channels though I already have them. I've contacted bt who said yesterday that this should fox itself overnight but this has not been the case.

Does anyone have any tips? I've rebooted the hub and fully unplugged / turned on the box again and checked for new updates.

This was all working fine before the move so it feels like a setup issue on BTs end.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
PaddyB
Message 2 of 10

Re: HELP: Moved house and recieve IPC6007 error on BT sport

Hi Bicceh,

Could you try the following steps -

1. Try to access the BT Player by pressing the YouView button. Then scroll along and select the BT icon
  2. If you still see the error message then try restarting your equipment by following these steps:
  • First, restart your BT Home Hub
  • Wait for the broadband light on your Hub to go blue
  • Restart your YouView box, using the power switch on the back of the box
  • Now check if you still receive the error
  1. Check your software version is up to date. To do this go to Settings > Device Management > Software Update and press OK

Check your On Demand players are up to date. To do this go to Settings > Device Management > Update On Demand Players and press OK

If that doesn't make a difference, then I can take a look at this for you. You can send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Hi Paddy,

No difference. I'll send you a message
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 4 of 10

Hi Bicceh,

Thank you for getting back to me. I have had a look in our queue and can see that we have received your details. We will take a look at this and reply as soon as we can.

Cheers

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 10

Hi Paddy,

Many thanks for the update. I also contacted the direct help over the weekend but that appears rather useless as i've had no call back from them as promised.

If you could update me whenever you're able to then that would be fantastic.

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Hello again,

Thought i'd post an update here as i trust the people on this forum more than the BT online chat.

I've spoken to someone regarding the issue as the call i was promised from the ordering team never came. They have advised me that the Youview box needs to be plugged into the 4th Ethernet port on my BT homehub and this will resolve the issue.

I'm currently at work and unable to do this, so i thought i'd ask here if that's a common fix for this issue? To me it doesn't seem right, and even the BT guide doesn't suggest it:

http://bt.custhelp.com/ci/fattach/get/4169358/1423655590/redirect/1/filename/YouView%20from%20BT%20u...

Am i being fobbed off with this reason?

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 7 of 10

That does not sound correct I'm afraid.

Once you are home, drop me a PM and I'll get you working.

Steve

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Hi Steve,

Many thanks - I've saved a copy of the transcript as they refused to send it over to me incase you wish to see it.

I'll throw you a PM later - is there a latest time you guys finish? I probably won't be home until after 7

0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 9 of 10

That's alright, I'll have my laptop with me.

Steve

0 Ratings
Bicceh
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

PM sent 🙂

0 Ratings