cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

HELP? PLEASE? I JUST WANT MY BROADBAND TO BE CONNECTED.

Help please.

I placed an order with BT on the 6th May 2015 for a 'phone/broadband/tv package. All was set to go ahead on the 8th June. The 'phone was taken over by BT then, but NOTHING else.

I only found out on the 9th as there was no broadband service on the 8th but it says that it might take until midnight to connect. When it wasn't there on the 9th I started 'phoning the helpline. I have been told various reasons for this incompetance none of which I now believe.

I was told that due to the MAC code it couldn't be connected until the 11th. I contacted my previous provider and they said that wasn't true, the code was valid until the 11th.

Eventually I spoke to someone who assured me that t would be connected by midnight on the 9th. So I thought it was all sorted out. No chance. I checked online and found that in my account it was now showing that it would be connected on the 15th!

I 'phoned again, and was told it was being rushed through and I should be connected on the 11th. That's not rushing it through, that's three days late.

I then got an email in the middle of the night letting me know that my broadband service would be connected on the 15th. A week late. If no one's going to try and connect it until the 15th, I'll have to go back to my old provider and get another MAC code. Will this all start all over again? Will I ever get connected? Will I ever manage to speak to someone who's not in a call centre and working from a script but is still completely unable to do anything at all about the problem?

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. For a complany the size of BT this should not happen. It seems that when there's a problem then it's ignored and passed around and not dealt with. PLEASE, SOMEBODY JUST DEAL WITH THIS NOW.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP? PLEASE? I JUST WANT MY BROADBAND TO BE CONNECTED.

Hi verypeedoff, 

Thanks for your post. 

I am sorry that there is a delay in getting your broadband connected. Can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile and I will take it from there.

Cheers,

OlgaC 

0 Ratings