cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mgardner
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

HELP! Trying to link old premium email account to new(ish) BT account

I believe this message is most likely for a moderator as I've exhausted other avenues.

We opened a BT broadband/phone account in June 2015 after moving home and foolishly believed our historic email account would transfer or "link" to the package.  This was not the case as a £1.60 email charge has been debited from our account each month since joining BT Broadband. I accept that we should have queried this sooner however a letter informing us that the charge will soon increase to £5.00 served as the catalyst to sort this out.  So, when I attempted to link the account, the nightmare began.  I was informed via Live Chat that I would need to continue to pay for the account - despite being a broadband customer where email is part of the service.  I then stumbled upon this forum and was provided with a phone number (0808 100 6778).  I spoke with a seemingly helpful representative who claimed that she was raising a "backorder" (or something of this nature) so that the accounts would link.  She also said I would be refunded £1.60 for March and then will automatically refunded £5.00 each month when the fee increases.  They were also going to ring me to confirm the change was complete.  This has not happened.  I checked my account and was just charged the £1.60 so nothing has been corrected at all - it's as though the conversation never happened!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AG.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
DanielS
Message 2 of 2

Re: HELP! Trying to link old premium email account to new(ish) BT account

Hey @mgardner,

This is something that we can do for you.

I'll get it looked into for you. Click on my username and then on the contact the mods link.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings